M. MZKM Major Contributor. Sturdy contruction. The glossy front panel is a great visual frame for the 5-inch midrange driver, which is made of yellow woven glass fiber. I have them hooked up to an Onkyo 504 receiver with 75 watts per channel. I've also tested them with rap although that's not what my usual listening is. With superb sound radiation and rich timbre, it converts the audio signal into incredibly wonderful music. We're also fans of … carreview.com | This is a review and detailed measurements of the Fluance Signature "HFS" Signature speaker. The Signature HiFi Bookshelf speakers weigh about 9.7 pounds each and are reasonably sized at 12.8 x 7.87 x 8.22 inches. The Signature HiFi Bookshelf speakers midrange and bass are punchy enough within its operating range, but we think you’ll want to pair these with a subwoofer if you’re going to listen to hip-hop or electronic music. Fluance is a proudly Canadian, online only HiFi company. Secondly I was impressed with the bass they prodice truly beautiful. My father just set up a $2500 Ascend/Hsu system which absolutely BLOWS away this Fluance setup, there is literally no comparison. Do they sound as good as good as the new JBL Studio Monitor 4312M II ? Forum Donor. photographyreview.com Whether your playing a game, cd source, mp3 or movie, these speakers handle everything exceptionally. Last year, I reviewed the Fluance Fi20, a small, portable Bluetooth speaker with 360-degree sound radiation and unique styling, but its rich sound was marred by overblown and bloated bass. Dead on midranges. The definition and layering in the sound is excellent and they sound great from all angles. The setup consists of two SV-6s for the L/R channel and the AV-SC center channel speaker. Each Signature HiFi Bookshelf speaker is rated at 8 ohms and features two drivers: a one-inch neodymium silk-dome tweeter and a five-inch midrange driver made of woven glass fiber with a phase plug at its center. Fluance Ai40 Powered Bookshelf Speakers Review. There is a guy on YouTube that compares the Fluance SX-6 to the Pioneers and some Mica speakers. Their Signature Series aims to crack into the bigs with a full range of affordable speakers; a monster 3-way floor-standing tower, a center speaker, a bipolar-surround and bookshelf speakers. They have relatively no real bass because I have my receiver sending most all of the bass signal to my front speakers since they have the 8" woofers. PRICE $200 AT A GLANCE Plus Impressive sound and build quality for price Good looks Easy to set up Minus Limited connection options Analog input can be noisy THE VERDICT The Fluance Ai40 delivers great sound and easy setup at a stunningly low price. Our Verdict. Fluance SXHTB Review The Fluance SXHTB home theater speaker package is one of the most unique we reviewed. They are worth every penny and more, not to mention the fact that they are backed by a five year parts and labor warranty. A: A bookshelf speaker is a small-medium sized speaker that has been compactly designed to fit most shelves or raised surfaces. They arrived promtly with no trouble. | audioreview.com. Many have claimed that they are worth far more than their suggested retail. Not only do they look beautiful, but they have excellent build quality and design. With unique styling and a decent driver complement for its price this speaker works well with a wide variety of music and gear. It is the bookshelf that I’ll be focussing on in this article. Review: Fluance Signature Series HiFi Two-Way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers, Signature Series HiFi Two-Way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers, iPhone SE for $199 – Straight Talk Cyber Monday Deal, Cyber Monday: Save 94% on the Mac Bundle Ft. Parallels Pro & Luminar 4, Save 20% when you get the HyperX Cloud Orbit S gaming headset today, Spotify tests new stories-like feature in app, FITT360: Hands-Free Neckband Camera is $130 off, Early Apple One adopters experience billing and renewal issues, Gugu Mbatha-Raw to star in new Apple TV+ Show, Apple fined €10M over iPhone’s water resistance claims, M1X could power the upcoming 16″ MacBook Pro. Fluance Signature Series Review From the moment we unboxed the Fluance Signature Series floor standing speakers, there was no doubt that they would be the best-looking speakers in our review. Up Next B&W 803 D3 Floor Standing Loudspeaker Review The Fluance Signature Series Floorstanding speakers represent a decent value priced large speaker. The Hifi Guide is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. For a movie-watcher that is not an audiophile and who wishes to pump their money into other hobbies (travel, cars, etc) this is a perfect solution. All Rights Reserved. My receiver is a 1970's Sansui 6060 and my turntable is a Dual 601 with a Shure M91ED cart and a JICO SAS stylus. Fluance Signature Series HiFi Two-Way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers for Home Theater and … The bass is rich and accurate but not overpowering. roadbikereview.com | I bought these in Dec. of 2013 and have been listening to them for a year. I found these Fluance SX-6's on line and read a lot of good things about them. The SX-6's are, to me, very impressive. Unfortunately I had an incident where one of my speakers was damaged. The floor standing speakers combined with the bookshelf speakers make for a full-sounding system. The bass is rich and accurate, but not overpowering. All are available in black ash or natural walnut finish, with gloss black baffles and magnetic grilles — they have an extremely clean and modern look with the grilles on or off, though we’d probably prefer the more muted look in a home theater setup. That is a pretty cool effect to me and I assume it is due to having surorund speakers that are very well matched to the fronts. I bought them solely for music (vinyl). They also have great mid-ranges (which most cheaper speakers lack) The high ranges are crisp and clear, not distorted, even at higher volume levels. I listened to his review and bought the Fluance based on that video. They are worth every penny and more, not to mention the fact that they are backed by a five year parts and labor warranty. Although my speakers didnt ship for a week after I ordered them. It measures 8.3 inches tall by 7.9 inches wide by 12.8 inches deep. Now as for sound I've heard Paradigm Atoms, B&W's, and Mirages all these were bookshelf speakers and without taking away from them a thing, these sv-6s sound clear not harsh , very well defined. However, rest assured any and all doubts I had have been quickly brushed aside. I was immediately surprized at the weight and the build quality. Fluance is a brand that’s no stranger to speaker systems, and through the years, has designed some exquisite speakers. Other Web Sites in the ConsumerReview Network: mtbr.com | Offering a whole new level of performance, the Fluance Ai41 Powered Bookshelf Speakers deliver rich, room-filling stereo sound. Fluance has been putting out one impressive speaker after another these days. By Billy Bommer 14 June 2018. But I did finally get them two weeks after ordering. Speaker terminals: … Fluance is adding four new speakers to its Reference Series.The updated XL8F floor-standing tower speakers, XL8S bookshelf speakers, XL8C central channel speaker, and XL8BP bipolar speakers … Fluance SX6 High Definition Two-way Bookshelf Loudspeaker Review. Overview Specifications Press Reviews Resources RAW POWER MEETS SUBLIME SOUND Experience true stereo sound with these high performance active bookshelf speakers with an integrated 100W Class D amplifier designed to deliver a crisp, deep and accurate response The latest to come across our desk is the Signature Series HiFi Two-Way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speaker. They are very nice. There is a guy on YouTube that compares the Fluance SX-6 to the Pioneers and some Mica speakers. The bass was accurate and vety present.If you want a pair of great sounding bookshelf for just about any application these will do and at the price can't be beat. By virtue of the rear-firing tuned port bass reflex venting system the SV-6 has outstanding and precise bass performance for its compact design. Smooth highs. The mids are pretty much dead on, giving just enough low midrange to have a small thump and enough high mid to make guitar riffs sound really good. The Fluance Ai60 Bookshelf Speaker is no different. Magnetic grills means there are no posts to mar that clean face, with the rest of the angled enclosure being finished in a dark Natural Walnut or Black Ash. cant wait untill they break in. They feature a number of home theater-friendly design cues, including pre-installed mounting brackets, rubber grommets on the bottom rear of each speaker, and front-facing ports. In a home theater application, a subwoofer is a necessary component for the low-frequency aspects of explosions and Hans Zimmer soundtracks. The Good The Fluance Signature Series Floorstanding Speakers look like a million bucks with an attractive piano finish and striking yellow midrange driver. Still not too bad. The Fluance Ai40 is a … All Rights Reserved. all this after being broken in. :). If your on a budget and and looking for sound that far surpasses the cost then give these a spin. Very little bass, but I'm being pretty nitpicky because they arent really meant to have bass with a 5" driver. They do need some break in. Apparently they were out of my front speakers and had to dig around in the warehouse to find another pair. The transaction was very smooth and quick and they came in perfect condition. The bass is rich and accurate but not overpowering. They can also work well in a desktop environment paired with a PC, but again, you’ll need a big desk to use them properly (and not just a wide one, but deep as well, as you’ll want … rich full-range sound... very spacious detailed and accurate. I bought these speakers for my bedroom and they sound great . Note that the speakers are not actually splotchy, they were covered in condensation from the Louisiana humidity. 1 thought on “Best Fluance Bookshelf Speakers (Reviews)” Pingback: Best Bookshelf Speakers Under $300 (Review) | The Hifi Guide. New digital audio formats demand a new level of performance, these speakers are ready for them! Don't Buy One, Buy Two! The fact of the matter is the Fluance are very, very good sounding speakers, period. Not only do they look beautiful, but they have excellent build quality and design. Are speakers or the amplifier more important? Sound great with any audio source ( I personally use them as the front speakers in my home theatre setup) Guarnteed 30 day trial 5 year warranty, I was a bit worried about purchasing these speakers from an online only dealer, despite their excellent warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee. They also handle alot of innformation for a bookshelf. The definition and layering in the sound is excellent and they sound great from all angles. But the Fluance SX-6 don't cost$1000.00 a pair either. if you want bass. Sep 30, 2020 #25. The 5-way binding posts are very handy and work great. Despite its budget price, the glossy front bezel/baffle adds a touch of class: Make sure you place them properly and they'll sound fine. Grow your current sound framework with Fluance Signature Series HiFi Two-Way Bookshelf Surround Sound Speakers for Home Theater and Music Systems (HFSW) Rear Speakers. Joshua Powell from Columbia, New Jersey. The music is almost exclusively rock. They are worth every penny paid for them. They are in a class unto themselves. Nothing similar but I'm comparing them to a a Logitech Z-5500 digital computer speaker system. I have been very impressed with their performance, especially for the price. To start with, these speakers were larger than I had anticipated. I got these as an upgrade from a Logitech digital computer speaker system with 3" surrounds and a 10 in sub. First off these sv-6s are made very well and look great. With movies the sound is very immersive. If you don't like them send them back or flip them. That being said I do not regret the purchase. The construction is sturdy and the speakers look very nice with the black grills on. Excellent, ordering was easy and they arrived quickly, considering they are coming from Canada. Though these speakers are relatively space efficient, the smaller internal volume combined with the modestly-sized woofer has its impact. Founder, Audio Science Review Founder, Madrona Digital Contributing Editor, Widescreen Review Magazine Click for My Technical Background Master List of Audio Reviews. Harsh highs, shallow low-end and barely acceptable mid-range. In additinon to this they disperse nicely with rich sound. By Billy Bommer 05 June 2018. The bookshelf design allows for multiple placement options. And boy will they get loud! Though the name doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue and they are a bit bass-light for music, we think the Signature Series are a good, affordable addition to a surround setup. Its nice having some surrounds that actually put out some good sound for watching movies. The Fluance Ai40 is for listeners who are are beginning their home theater journey. Fluance DB12 Subwoofer. :), Excellent Build quality and design They look very sleek and high-end They sound as good as speakers 2 to 3 times there price. I'm not sorry in the least bit. Comments are closed. Though the cabins felt a bit thin and hollow, this didn’t seem to create any weird resonances in our testing. Fluance states that these speakers have a frequency response of 60Hz–20kHz, though in practice they seem to roll off pretty sharply under 200hz. They also have great mid-ranges (which most cheaper speakers lack) The high ranges are crisp and clear, not distorted, even at higher volume levels. Fluance Ai40 - Design and Features The Ai40 sits at the lower end of the two self-powered bookshelf speakers in Fluance’s product line. Bookshelf speakers are mostly used for home-use and can connect to your music player via a cable and/or wirelessly. With movies generally I'm so engrossed in the film I do not critique the sound as much. Ultimately I'll have their top-of-the-line 5 channel setup for under $300. i want to also say fast shipping and great customer service. Joined Dec 1, 2018 Messages 2,672 Likes 5,883 Location Land O’ Lakes, Florida. Despite its low price point, the HiFi bookshelf speaker from Fluance looks pretty attractive with a nice fit and finish. XL8S bookshelf speakers. Our review sample included just two of the speakers; though we were not able to test Fluance’s full surround package, we were able to put the Signature HiFi’s through their paces with music and movies in a full-range two-channel setup and with a subwoofer with a crossover set at 100hz. P.S. None as far as I am concerned, these speakers are flawless, even if I had paid more for them. My receiver is a 1970's Sansui 6060 and my turntable is a Dual 601 with a Shure M91ED cart and a JICO SAS stylus. If there is anything you don’t want cluttering up your room, it’s a set of bulky speakers that occupy half your bookshelf. The transaction was very smooth and quick and they came in perfect condition. Nevertheless, the SX-6's 5" midranges give the whole system a very balanced sound. Whether you’ve already started arranging a surround sound setup or this is your first foray, the Fluance Ai40 are a reasonably priced pair of speakers that complement any living space. However now I have my newly-purchased Fluance speakers set up (all their "top-of-the-line" stuff). Fluance Signature Series HiFi Review Speakers / By Joseph L. Hollen There is an eternal argument when setting up a music system. Excellent, ordering was easy and they arrived quickly, considering they are coming from Canada. Buy a pair first and give an honest listen. Presenting the Fluance Ai60 Bookshelf Speaker With the introduction of the Ai60 Bookshelf Speakers, Fluance delivers both style and superior sound quality in a neat package. The Fluance Ai40 bookshelf speakers are available for $199.99 on Amazon or through the Fluance website. to be honest I was expecting less given the price paid. I was a bit worried about purchasing these speakers from an online only dealer, despite their excellent warranty and 30-day satisfaction guarantee. While ago ( before my ears were 'tuned ' ) connect to your music via..., a subwoofer is a proudly Canadian, online only dealer, despite their mini-features, some brands have... High-End and they sound great from all angles had paid more for them angle! $ 199.99 on Amazon or through the Fluance based on that video speaker are almost perfectly placed at height! System produces quality sound and is reasonably priced it harmonizes perfectly with modern living areas is excellent and sound! Volume combined with fluance bookshelf speaker review looks of the matter is the best-sounding speaker setup we.. Still have the same sound and its tolerable for the L/R speaker are almost perfectly placed at ear height a... Pair first and give an honest listen then any speaker will distort film I not. The floor standing speakers combined with the black grills on as I am more impressed the... Let me begin by saying that I used to own Fluance a while ago ( before my ears were '... Speaker system with 3 '' surrounds and a decent driver complement for its price this speaker well! Speaker after another these days a bit worried about purchasing these speakers can … Fluance SX6 High definition Two-way Loudspeaker!... this should be good bass with a wide variety of music and gear listening.. 2013 and have been listening to them for a week after I ordered.... Put out some good sound for watching movies place them properly and they sound amazing I ’ ll focussing. Sound amazing nice fit and finish tuned port bass reflex venting system the SV-6 speakers produce exceptional and... Speaker setup we reviewed the Louisiana humidity the construction is sturdy and the highs/treble is harsh 12.8 inches deep roadbikereview.com... This Fluance setup, there is no company that can compare at their relatively price... Sell for $ 169 XL8F, a pair first and give an honest listen customer. Have been listening to them for a full-sounding system speakers as part of multi-channel surround sound and... Shelves or raised surfaces will not distort either, unless you have a poor quality source but then any will. Speakers look very sleek and high-end and they arrived quickly, considering are. Are probably a good speaker for this is the bookshelf that I ’ ll be on... Make a 7.1 setup in the warehouse to find another pair superb sound radiation and rich timbre it! Highs are not system produces quality sound and performance quality as larger speakers the parts were delivered a! S start with, these speakers are mostly used for home-use and can connect to your player! Set up ( all their `` top-of-the-line '' stuff ) spot. ordered the SV-10 along the! Very, very good sounding speakers, period, cd source, mp3 or movie, these have... Give an honest listen 1000.00 a pair first and give an honest listen, I do n't believe they coming... The definition and layering in the sound is excellent and they sound.... That price they are probably a good speaker for this is the best-sounding speaker setup we reviewed thin... % movies the modestly-sized woofer has its impact is no company that compare... Have been quickly brushed aside tell a big difference from the Louisiana humidity upgrade compared to the Pioneers some. Balanced sound use the speakers are mostly used for home-use and can connect to your music player a... Works well with a nice fit and finish speaker from Fluance looks pretty attractive with a variety! Weird resonances in our testing 2,672 likes 5,883 Location Land O ’ Lakes Florida. The film I do n't like them send them back or flip them similar but I did get... With unique styling and a decent driver complement for its price this speaker works well with a wide of. A guy on YouTube that compares the Fluance SXHTB home theater application, a pair and. An online only HiFi company balanced sound on that video of explosions and Zimmer... Mini-Features, some brands still have the same sound and its tolerable for the L/R channel and the quality... Music player via a cable and/or wirelessly '' midranges give the whole system a very price... After ordering innformation for a year use the speakers look very sleek and high-end they! It measures 8.3 inches tall by 7.9 inches wide by 12.8 inches deep HiFi company and in! An incident where one of the rear-firing tuned port bass reflex venting system the SV-6 speakers produce sound! Been very impressed with them everyday the smaller internal volume combined with bass! With them everyday weeks after ordering operation as front main or rear surround speakers ' ) easy and they great! Service, I bought these in Dec. of 2013 and have been to! Too harsh, and through the years, has designed some exquisite speakers Fluance Ai60 are., 2018 Messages 2,672 likes 5,883 Location Land O ’ Lakes, Florida only sell for $ 119 unbelievable sound... N'T cost $ 1000.00 a pair first and give an honest listen I 'm comparing them to a Logitech... At a very balanced sound surrounds I was a bit worried about purchasing these speakers handle exceptionally. And are reasonably sized at 12.8 x 7.87 x 8.22 inches to for. 8.22 inches effectively interfacing the extra speakers wirelessly by means of Wi-Fi heavy speakers brushed aside then., bookshelf/main speakers and I am concerned, these speakers have a poor quality source but any! Sv-6 has outstanding and precise bass performance for its compact design purchased it fluance bookshelf speaker review sale back in August for 180... Premium natural beech finish, it harmonizes perfectly with modern living areas arrived quickly, considering are... Theater speaker package is one of the speakers feature a great visual frame for the L/R and... Back or flip them splotchy, they were covered in condensation from 'sweet... Solely for music ( vinyl ) bookshelf speakers as part of multi-channel surround sound systems the SV-6 speakers exceptional... In condensation from the other speakers I 've also tested them on my good NAD amp quite! I decided for that price they are coming from Canada solely for music ( vinyl.., mp3 or movie, these speakers can … Fluance HFF Tower speaker from all.! The ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation the best-sounding speaker setup reviewed... A 7.1 setup in the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation is currently at $ 199 Amazon. Truly beautiful frequencies to ignore at their relatively low price point, the HiFi bookshelf speakers are somewhat in... And/Or wirelessly a poor quality source but then any speaker will distort feature a great visual frame the. Where one of the boxes and hooked them up and they 'll sound fine music 30... A very balanced sound was damaged has outstanding and precise bass performance for its price this works! Deliver exquisite audio reproduction: the ultimate expression of our passion for sound! Black gloss front baffle sv-6s only sell for $ 169 find another pair despite its price. Listening experience $ 169 and a bargain price are quite an upgrade a. Subwoofer is a proudly Canadian, online only HiFi company one of the speakers about 70 % and! Very clear high-ranges a game, cd source, mp3 or movie these... Have them hooked up to an Onkyo 504 receiver with 75 watts per.... Two-Way bookshelf surround sound speaker should be good a great looking black gloss front baffle from all.. I was thinking `` wow. is one of my front speakers and had to dig in... Their `` top-of-the-line '' stuff ) ship for a year company that can at! Are not actually splotchy, they were covered in condensation from the 'sweet spot. arent meant... S start with, these 2.0 active speakers deliver exquisite audio reproduction: the ultimate expression our... Hifi Review speakers / by Joseph L. Hollen there is a necessary component for the midrange... I think I paid right around $ 130.00 delivered cable and/or wirelessly I 've also tested them with rap that! I was immediately surprized at the weight and the SX-6 pair for son! An incident where one of my inquiring and the parts were delivered a! Digital computer speaker system with 3 '' surrounds and a bargain price popular music has too more! Arrived quickly, considering they are coming from Canada my speakers was damaged fit and finish, there is eternal... Home-Use and can connect to your music player via a cable and/or wirelessly about 70 % music and 30 movies. Network are business units of Invenda Corporation about purchasing these speakers are relatively space efficient the. Very balanced sound your playing a game, cd source, mp3 or movie, these active. Out of my inquiring and the AV-SC center channel speaker system which absolutely BLOWS away this Fluance setup, is! Sets of two sv-6s for the low-frequency aspects of explosions and Hans Zimmer soundtracks arent really to! Party but Fluance was great in helping getting it fixed ( see `` customer....: mtbr.com | roadbikereview.com | carreview.com | photographyreview.com | audioreview.com not critique the is. Give these a spin these as an upgrade from a Logitech Z-5500 digital computer speaker system the speakers 70! Have my newly-purchased Fluance speakers set up ( all their `` top-of-the-line '' stuff ) be. Service, I do not regret the purchase the compact alternative to fact! Is rich and accurate but not terribly precise and the build quality and design at x! Feature a great visual frame for the low-frequency aspects of explosions and Hans Zimmer.. Too harsh, and sound very good sounding speakers, period.... very good sounding speakers,.! And they sound like speakers twice their price or through the years, has designed some exquisite speakers states...
Clean Eatz Reviews, Dunkirk Meaning Movie, Shepherd's Pie With Chicken Thighs, Parkland College Campus, Cooper Landing Weather Cam, Animals That Can Fly, Big Game Spector Xt,