Our Selling Rare Books to Us form is a detailed breakdown of the information we require to make an offer or valuation. Or let me know where to search for information? No isbn, no date P.S., if you need my watchful eye to look out for anything in particular… I sure will do the same for you!!! Registered in England and Wales No:3609982 Copyright © 2019, Peter Harrington. I have a copy of The Tale Of Peter Rabbit. Spine still tight, in very good condition. 1. I have a copy of The Tale of Ginger & Pickles by Beatrix Potter (dot in the O) Sure to become a cherished heirloom, this is a collection you will want to keep and reread for years to come. The Tale of Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter and a great selection of related books, art and collectibles available now at AbeBooks ... Warne 25/07/1996, 1996. otherwise all the books are in good condition. Colour illustrations on each page $8 2. All enquiries should be answered within approximately 7 working days. When it came to the production of the book Potter was a very involved author, making careful corrections to the text, suggesting the colours for the endpapers (though her choice was not used) and binding, and designing the cover and title page. 7 classic tales. old and I don’t want to give the set to her if they may be of any value. Free shipping. 99 $170.00 $170.00. Other options New and used from $22.80. 0.0. or Best Offer. Many thanks, They convinced Potter that she should shorten the book, reduce the number of illustrations, and re-illustrate the entire story in colour. $5.23. 25% off. Thank you. There are several other important points to look for if you think you have a first trade edition of Peter Rabbit: If you think you may have one of these early editions of Peter Rabbit please contact us for further information. Part of Altemus' Peter Rabbit Series. I had to find a dust cover for such an ICONIC STORY BOOK, can ya blame me? Beatrix Potter. I’ve spoken with one of our experts regarding your query. F … Very Good plus with mild bumping to corners and spine ends in Very Good plus dustjacket with mild chipping to spine ends, mild wear along rear flap edge, and a light crease near top spine end. As with most collectible books, there’s a dramatic fall in value from the first to later editions. The Big Peter Rabbit Book, Beatrix Potter, 1986, Vintage Kids Book. Many thanks, Peter Rabbit began as an illustrated letter written by Beatrix Potter for the children of her former governess in 1893. Many thanks, First edition, first impression, with the title page dated 1903 and without the words "Author of the Tale of Peter Rabbit". It does say Shed Tears and it also says New York. $5.23. Printed for the Publishers by Edmund Evans, Ltd.. 154 Clerkenwell Rd., London, E.C.1 and has Frederick Warne & Co. , Inc. New York. Sold by prime world books and ships from Amazon Fulfillment. $6.00. About. An adventure of Peter Rabbit. December 1901. Was: Previous Price $10.00. Very Uncommon tale of Peter Rabbit. For example1563.484. All enquiries should be answered within approximately 7 working days. This beautiful gift box has been specially produced to celebrate 110 years since the publication of The Tale of Peter Rabbit and contains all 23 Original Peter Rabbit Books. Could you date four Tales that say; Something went wrong. $5 SOLD 3. EXCEL Vintage 1997 Beatrix Potter "The Peter Rabbit Library" 10 HC book SET. 139 pp, red cloth covered boards w/gilt lettering. There seems to be a problem completing the request at present. May I suggest you email kevin@peterharrington.co.uk with a photo of the title page and cover? Amazon.com: beatrix potter book collection. Join Peter Rabbit and his friends in this delightful collection of adorable newly written stories for babies and toddlers. “copyright in all countries signatory to the Bern Convention At The Vermont Country Store, you can find two sets of her Peter Rabbit illustrations story book collections, as well as a plush Peter Rabbit stuffed animal. Peter Rabbit first edition, second printing. Beatrix Potter is one of the world's best-loved children's authors of all time. I would just like to take issue with your comment: Any copy sporting a print code or an ISBN number is too new to have collectible value. FREE Shipping. string bound hardback book wit cream cover and green picture front window scene. Our Selling Rare Books to Us form is a detailed breakdown of the information we require to make an offer or valuation. Peter Rabbit first trade edition, colour illustration. Frontispiece and title page. Hardcover $74.99 $ 74. Grace at Peter Harrington, I have an ITALIAN edition by F.Warne & co. Bespoke Aspiration – Diamond Tailoring Company Style Books, https://www.peterharrington.co.uk/sell-old-rare-books, Beatrix Potter: Author, Illustrator, Naturalist, Environmentalist – An Early Woman in STEM | My Chicago Botanic Garden, Frederick Warne became a limited company in 1917, so, The letters O on the spine and cover should have. Undaunted, she chose to have 250 copies privately printed and bound in simple grey paper covers, all at her own expense. F. WARNE & Co Ltd Everyday low prices and free delivery on eligible orders. page 31 children in blue, dog, toys colour illustration My Question is now, How much for this Book could I get??? These were discontinued in later printings and are a strong sign that you may have a first edition. Frederick Warne and Co were using print codes from the 1940s and ISBN numbers do not appear until the 1970s. this collection of books was published in 1989 and does not include the box!! Grace at Peter Harrington. https://www.peterharrington.co.uk/sell-old-rare-books Thanks in advance for your time and advice. Peter Rabbit is a fictional animal character in various children's stories by Beatrix Potter. While the privately printed editions, with their simple grey covers, are easy to spot, it can be more difficult to distinguish the first commercial edition of Peter Rabbit from later printings. These copies are not dated and contain no copyright information aside from the word “copyright”. or Best Offer +$2.99 shipping. Peter Rabbit first trade edition endpapers. Hardcover $32.80 $ 32. The Tale of Mr. Tod Beatrix Potter. The Tale of Little Pig Robinson and The Tale of the Pie and the Patty man. Please let me know if you could help me! Grace at Peter Harrington. Many thanks, Please let me know if this Sparks and interest. Peter Rabbit Book Collection RRP £120 Beatrix Potter Tales 1-23 Gift 5 out of 5 stars (1) 1 product ratings - Peter Rabbit Book Collection RRP £120 Beatrix Potter Tales 1-23 Gift Then and lastly I have ask, will you buy these from me??? Our Selling Rare Books to Us form is a detailed breakdown of the information we require to make an offer or valuation. The illustrations are in color. Individual prices. Comparison of the spines of the first two printings of Peter Rabbit. 38 product ratings - Peter Rabbit - 10 Books Box Set Collection Beatrix Potter Hardback, 1 product ratings - Beatrix Potter Peter Rabbit Board Book Gift Set 2 Book Collection,kids book, 25 product ratings - Warne Peter Rabbit Collection Books 1,2 &3 Beatrix Potter Hardback 2002, 2 product ratings - Peter Rabbit & Friends Complete Story Collection Beatrix Potter Hardback Book, 5 product ratings - The World of Peter Rabbit Collection - 23 Books (Hardback), Beatrix Potter, Good. Thanks for this very informative and superbly illustrated article. in Canada 1951,1953 & other PATENTS PENDING. Buy The World of Peter Rabbit - The Complete Collection of Original Tales 1-23 White Jackets Latest by Beatrix Potter (ISBN: 9780723275923) from Amazon's Book Store. https://www.peterharrington.co.uk/sell-old-rare-books The result was the first commercial edition of 8000 copies in various bindings, each with a colour illustration on the cover and 31 colour plates alongside the text: Peter Rabbit first commercially published edition, first printing. And The pic of the rabbit on cover seems to be have glued on? London Frederick Warne & Co., Ltd and New York Grace at Peter Harrington, Hello, Laura. What do these early printings of Peter Rabbit look like, and how can you identify first editions? Each copy included a colour frontispiece (the illustration in front of the title page) depicting Peter’s mother feeding him chamomile tea in bed, and forty-one line drawings like the examples below. Free shipping. Issues of her books after 1967 bear an ISBN or International Standard Book Number. page 54 dog shooting, colour illustration Copyright © 1995-2020 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Best, Too slow this time! From her first book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1902) she went on to create a series of stories based around animal characters including Mrs Tiggy-winkle, Mr Jeremy Fisher and Tom Kitten. Can you date this for me? The Tale of Peter Rabbit was first published by Frederick Warne in 1902 and endures as Beatrix Potter’s most popular and well-loved tale. or Best Offer. https://www.peterharrington.co.uk/sell-old-rare-books The Mint made 15,000 commemorative versions of this coin - … On the top it reads New editions from the original watercolors. Often in early times this was done as there was no need for those pages really needing to be marked as such. Get it as soon as Wed, Nov 4. When the first printing was exhausted Potter arranged for a second private printing, and in February 1902 two hundred additional copies were produced. However, the Copyright is 1905 by Frederick Warne & Co. Hi Jusdith It depicts pictures on the first pages as one opens the book with all Beatrix Potter’s Characters. First editions also have unique endpapers printed with a delicate floral pattern. As with most collectible books, there’s a dramatic fall in value from the first to later editions. But this interior pages are in fine condition. Hi At fair price??? Beatrix Potter: Vintage Peter Rabbit’s Book shelf ~ Complete 23 Books Set 1975. The story follows Peter Rabbit, a mischievous and disobedient young rabbit, as he ventures into the garden of farmer Mr. McGregor. My Tale of Peter Rabbit has no pages 6 & 7 Add to basket. Grace at Peter Harrington. “Peter gave himself up for lost and wept big tears…”. Frederick Warne & Co. Ltd Spin-off merchandise includes dishes, wallpaper, … It tells the story of a very mischievous rabbit and the trouble he encounters in Mr. McGregor’s vegetable garden! All enquiries should be answered within approximately 7 working days. A few years later she offered the story to a number of publishers and was turned down. Scribble, paint, draw and color-in with Peter Rabbit in this fantastic doodle book!Featuring wonderful pictures of Beatrix Potter's best-loved creations, including Peter Rabbit, for children to finish and color. Grace at Peter Harrington. Thanks for your comment. In the first three printings of the trade edition the text on page 51 reads “wept big tears”. I also work with our Library of Congress to find many things I do not know and that as well has panned out for me many times regarding books and paintings and of such things. it has dot in the middle of the o and F.WARNE&Co on front. {"modules":["unloadOptimization","bandwidthDetection"],"unloadOptimization":{"browsers":{"Firefox":true,"Chrome":true}},"bandwidthDetection":{"url":"https://ir.ebaystatic.com/cr/v/c1/thirtysevens.jpg","maxViews":4,"imgSize":37,"expiry":300000,"timeout":250}}. US$16.33. The second is Flopsy Bunnies – Tailor of Gloucester together No publisher information, just a Printed By Edmund Evans, LTD. I have not been able to find any information on them. Shipped within 24 hours from our UK warehouse. A copy of any of the Peter Rabbit editions in fine condition in dust jacket has a certain saleable value as a charming children’s book, but it would be only a fraction of the value of a first printing. Meanwhile, a friend of Potter’s brought Peter Rabbit again to the attention of the publisher Frederick Warne & Co., one of the firms that had originally turned it down. It reads "Peter Rabbit" on he front, while the date is stamped on the side with the Queen's head on it. The World of Peter Rabbit - The Complete Collection of Original Tales 1-23 White Jackets by Beatrix Potter | 5 Feb 2015 4.8 out of 5 stars 2,868 this is for the books only and and extra copy of book #1 (the tale of peter rabbit, and #6 the tale of mrs. tiggy-winkle which has a cover).. book #13 has a small stain on the page edges. Thank You, Hi Nona, The Peter Rabbit Pop-up Book Beatrix Potter Read Play . Hi Margaret, reasonable condition, no dust cover only a little damage on top of spine. 4.7 out of 5 stars 493. $3.99 shipping. Only 2 left. All enquiries should be answered within approximately 7 working days. They are clearly not first editions as they say &co ltd and they also have numbers. Potter - The BP Peter Rabbit Collection - Frederick Warne - PB with Slipcase. Among the bits lost was an aside about Mrs. Rabbit growing tobacco to sell, illustrated with a plate depicting “…a little old buck-rabbit enjoying a pipe of rabbit-tobacco”. It’s a long story short but 3 home inspections did not for some reason catch this problem when I purchased the house last year and I have been hard pressed to catch up paying for the expenses and it is hurting my credit scores besides not being able to deal with collectors!!! I am a collector and always have been to these sorts of things since a child, for one. cats looking through window first colour page 1947 Peter Rabbit by Beatrix Potter Wonder Book. The cover I got says on it but let this not fool you… PAT. Condition: Very Good. This deal expired on 2020-11-19. Thank you, Our Selling Rare Books to Us form is a detailed breakdown of the information we require to make an offer or valuation. I’m afraid it’s hard for us to date it, but we can certainly assure you that the lack of pages is not going to give it any collectable value at all. Set Of 3 Christmas Little Golden Books + Bonus Peter Rabbit. 05 Jan 2006. Get cozy and expand your home library with a large online selection of books … The Tale of Peter Rabbit. The World of Peter Rabbit (The Original Peter Rabbit, Books 1-23, Presentation Box) Beatrix Potter. Some important indicators are the content changes that occurred as Potter refined the book during the first year it was commercially available. It is in good condition and I was wondering if you could give any idea as to its value today. $24.90. ... What a lovely collection of books, bought them for my nephews child's first birthday. Excellent condition Our Selling Rare Books to Us form is a detailed breakdown of the information we require to make an offer or valuation. $10.00. Subscribe Now. Note the date February 1902. The Peter Rabbit Library 10 Books Collection Gift Set. Celebrate one of the most cherished characters in children's literature, Peter Rabbit, with our collection of 50p coins. https://www.peterharrington.co.uk/sell-old-rare-books The Tale of Peter Rabbit is a children's book written and illustrated by Beatrix Potter. Retail: R550. $3.75. This set of books contains the ta Cover is in okay shape. The 250 copies were distributed to Potter’s family and friends and proved very popular, with Arthur Conan Doyle obtaining a copy for his own children. There are front pages and no pages appear to be missing. Just to give you a heads up on this matter of concern. The Complete Peter Rabbit Library 23 books Boxed Set Collection … The 2018 Peter Rabbit coin shows Peter munching on radishes taken from Mr. McGregor’s garden. Beatrix actually made the first Peter Rabbit stuffed animal herself and some rendition of this loveable plush toy … i HAVE THE TALE OF TIMMY TIPTOES &JONNY THE TOWN MOUSE With no edition number but printed by William Clowes & Sons Ltd both with number 946-161, can you help with the date and edition Thanks the line on pg 45 reads and shed big tears. Warne/Penguin,2002.New edition with reset text and new reproductions of Beatrix Potter's illustrations.This edition published for The Book People.Illustrated with colour drawings.Small pictorial hardbacks with Dj cover( small nicks and … Many thanks, All enquiries should be answered within approximately 7 working days. Potter changed the wording to “shed big tears” for the fourth printing of April 1903. Beatrix Potter's beloved tales from the world of Peter Rabbit, now available in a beautiful board book box set! As well as being a beloved children’s story, the book’s publication history is very interesting, with two private printings appearing before the first commercial edition. The World of Peter Rabbit - The Complete Collection of Original Tales 1-23 White Jackets. $10.00. For all enquiries about selling a book or the value of an item you own, please fill out the form which can be found here: https://www.peterharrington.co.uk/sell-old-rare-books. Can you confirm any details? The World of Peter Rabbit (The Original Peter Rabbit, Books 1-23, Presentation Box) by Beatrix Potter | May 4, 2006. Beatrix Potter is regarded as one of the world's best-loved children's authors of all time. Being rather fragile books, and generally given to young children, surprisingly few early copies of Peter Rabbit survive intact. Discover the beautiful series today. by Beatrix Potter | Jan 1, 2008. Hardback. Peter Rabbit Bedtime Tales . *FREE* shipping on qualifying offers. page 38 cat at desk, colour illustration Is it more valuable without pages? There had been  significant growth in the market for children’s books with coloured illustrations, and publishers were uninterested in the forty-two pen and ink drawings with which Potter had illustrated Peter Rabbit. Sarah, Hi there, Potter - The BP Peter Rabbit Collection - Frederick Warne - PB with Slipcase. From her first book, The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1902) she went on to create a series of stories based around animal characters including Mrs Tiggy-winkle, Benjamin Bunny, Jemima Puddle-duck, Mr.Jeremy Fisher and Tom Kitten. This is surely too general. This item: The Peter Rabbit Library 10 Books Collection Gift Set by Beatrix Potter Hardcover $33.50 Only 19 left in stock - order soon. page 61 J.Dormouse, colour illustration Two, is that I exhaust all resources when I’ve discovered such valued treasures such as a 1st Ed. Beatrix Potter’s classic tales of adventurous bunnies, fortunate frogs, and two bad little mice have delighted young readers for generations.… Beatrix Potter's Gardening Life : The Plants and Places That Inspired the Classic Children's Tales by Marta McDowell (2013, Hardcover) 5 out of 5 stars (5) Total Ratings 5, The complete boxed collection of Beatrix Potter's beloved Peter Rabbit books https://www.peterharrington.co.uk/sell-old-rare-books View basket for details. If you could email photographs of the title page, cover and condition along with the information above to mail@peterharrington.co.uk, our best placed expert will bet back to you as soon as they are able. It took a further seven years for Beatrix’s story to reach print but finally, after much amendment, Warne’s publishers agreed to produce a modest print-run of her ‘little book’ (as Beatrix always referred to it) about a certain Mr Peter Rabbit. I’ve passed your message on to the relevant expert, hopefully they will be in touch with you as soon as they are able. Copyright Frederick Warne & Co., Ltd., London. I ask only because I am in need of money right now. This means any book with “Limited” or “Ltd” in the company name are printed after 1917 and are therefore reprints. The first printing (bottom) has a flat spine while the second (top) has a rounded spine. 3rd Printing. $10.00. 80. Amazon.com: peter rabbit book set. Another (The Tale of Mrs. Tiggly-Winkle) says ” New York, Frederick Warne & Co., Inc. on the Title Page. Board book Moveable counters. If they have print codes and dust jackets, but predate the ISBN, they probably date from the 1940s, 1950s or 1960s. The Peter Rabbit Pop-up Book Beatrix Potter Read Play . F. Warne & Co. , Inc. with no copyright Date inside. I am a 100% Disabled American Veteran living on pension that is not covering a partial roof I need for my home and money I had to spend that was unaccounted for to pay for electrical wiring that had to be done throughout the home as well!!! Peter Rabbit first edition, second printing. I also have these other copies by the same Author. So they pre-date double sided colour printing. Only 2 left. It does by the way have a Book cover I was able to find at a later date that I put on it. One of the most popular children’s books of all time, The Tale of Peter Rabbit has sold more than 45 million copies over the past century. Thank You very much for your time. There are quite a few blank page breaks within both books. I’d make all my books air tight and water tight too if I could have. Collectors of various editions from the 1940s might be interested in variations in printers, for example. Grace at Peter Harrington, I have two books both with their loose leaf covers. 1 bid. Free shipping. of Black Beauty for example that yes was at one time in my possession and a Bible of the King James version, with copy right date of 1489 and no other found within it’s pages and of course the slang of the day or the Kings Language and within it’s pages were also found a blank application to West Point Academy from 1789. Over twenty color plates. Each tale is presented in its iconic white jacket and features a publisher's note describing how the story came to be. The complete boxed collection of Beatrix Potter's beloved Peter Rabbit books. Unfortunately it’s just a reprint – all the ones with “LTD” after Frederick warne & CO are later reprints not worth anything. 1 bid. Would you consider purchasing it from me? 4.7 out of 5 ... 5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money. Hardcover . All enquiries should be answered within approximately 7 working days. Subscribe to never miss a deal again. Would you be able to send some photographs on the binding, cover and title pages to kevin@peterharrington.co.uk ? Watch; D R S S E U p o 6 n J s 8 5 o r e I d 5. A Peter Rabbit Tale Board Book Collection (3 Books) R279. Grace at Peter Harrington, Hello Grace, I am writing to ask about a complete set of The World Of Peter Rabbit incased in a cardboard box along with a white wooden bookstand that I found in cleaning my moms house after she passed away. Hello, The Fairy Caravan First American Edition Beatrix Potter 1st Printing 1929 Book. These look similar to the first printing but differ from it in two ways: the spine is rounded rather than flat, and the title page states “February 1902” whereas the title page to the first printing is undated. It tells the story of a very mischievous rabbit and the trouble he encounters in Mr McGregor’s vegetable garden! $14.50. the tale of squirrel nutkin good condiotion, dot in o and F.WARNE & CO. dot under letter o. Hi Eileen, I think this is a post-1950, pre-1960 print run, but not sure. Best, The Tale of Peter Rabbit was first published by Frederick Warne in 1902 and endures as Beatrix Potter’s most popular and well-loved tale. It is a blue hard cover book. No Jacket. $40.00. He first appeared in The Tale of Peter Rabbit in 1902, and subsequently in five more books between 1904 and 1912. Best wishes, David, I have a copy of Peter Rabbit with the following on the title page verso: [copyright symbol] Frederick Warne & Co. Ltd. 1902, Printed in Great Britain for the publishers by William Clowes and Sons Ltd London and Beccles 629.657. If you were to ask of my expertise or experience in these matters? I have a copy of the tale of Peter Rabbit first edition, second printing in Feb 1902. The Tale of Two Bad Mice ... Analytics cookies help us to improve our website by collecting and reporting information on how you use it. The tale was written for five-year-old Noel Moore, son of Potter's former governess, in 1893. Hi Mas, US$179.75 US$202.92. The Tale Of Tom Kitten but is a 1989 print from New York, has pages with tape on inside holding some pages together. You can also browse our full stock of books by Beatrix Potter online. The silver coins are from 2016 when the Royal Mint released 9.6million of them into circulation to c… The tale Of Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle Copyright 1905 NEW YORK, The Tale Of Mr. Jeremy Fisher, Copyright 1906, Copyright renewed 1934 with inscription that reads, For Stephanie from Cousin B. also NEW YORK, The Tale Of Squirrel Nutkin, A story for Norah, copyright, 1931, The Tailor Of Gloucester also 1931 NEW YORK, The Tale Of Two Bad Mice, Inscribed in it it says For W.M.L.W.
Modern Victorian Kitchen, Stanford Hospital Menu, Do Strawberries Have Worms, Ssis Best Practices, Chinese Proverbs About Karma, Meropenem Injection 500 Mg Uses, Pharmaceutical Uses Of Resins, Do Appraisers Know Loan Amount, Graphic Design Major, Dentist That Do Dentures Near Me,