86% Upvoted. Every pair is hand-built in Germany. It is in the top 10%. I’ve purchased three different versions of the DT770 Pros, and I still own two of them. Both the headphones feature velour covered padded ear cups that sit over your ears instead of on them, giving you more comfort and less pressure. customer reviews: 4.7 Read reviews . They’re much more flexible for a wider variety of listening tasks as a result, and you won’t have to go down the rabbit hole of buying amplifiers. Sound-wise, the AKG might lack a bit of sub-bass when compared to the Beyerdynamic and could sound a bit sharper on higher frequencies. Its sonic characteristics are backed directly by Sean Olive and his Harman Target Curve research, and as a result it’s the headphone to pick if you want portable audio that sounds just like the original source. It sounds better. vs. Beyerdynamic T1. My Recordings/Credits My Studio. This is a price range which is in reach for many more people than the respective flagships, and … $156.49 $ 156. My budget is around 150€. 235g vs 270g; 1.4m longer cable? Their sound signature is somewhere between modern studio headphones and the treble madness of Grado products, and follows the pre-Harman Target “Diffuse Field” curve. AKG K812. 105dB/mW vs 96dB/mW; Has a detachable cable? These shouldn’t be “Baby’s first headphones”. The K371 sticks shockingly close to the Harman Target, and is a better-sounding headphone overall. Repairability is important for a studio-focused product, and the K371 doesn’t really tout that feature at all. One of the most competitive is the full-size, open-back US$200 range, with options from Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Phillips, HifiMan, Audio Technica, Grado and numerous others. Beyerdynamic DT 770 vs. AKG - K702. And its design sits squarely between style and studio headphones. Posted By cunnas In Archived Classifieds Jul 13, 2017 Messages: 23, Views: 1,033. The … amazon $ 122.00. Enclosed design, wired for professional recording and monitoring. Weighing 388gr, the DT1770PRO’s weight is very normal even though the original DT770PRO only weighs 270gr. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO. Color and Look. Their soundstage width and bass response are among the best in a closed-back dynamic headphone. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO. 3m vs … beyerdynamic DT880 Pro. It’s Friday, and it’s time for the headphone showdown! It has accurate bass that provides the exact right amount of punch. As I’m writing this article, I can probably say that the K701 have the smallest fan base today, compared to the DT880 and HD650. K702 is detachable cable version of AKG's fair decade old K701, aimed at highly analytical sound with big soundstage and neutral bass. On top of that, it's fairly safe to say that AKG K702 are more popular wired headphones, based on their 2,000+ reviews. The 32 ohm and 80 ohm versions can get by without a dedicated amp, but the 250 ohm version absolutely benefits from extra power. DT770 Specs Frequency Response: 5-35,000 Hz Nominal Impedance: 32, 80, or 250 ohms Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 96 dB Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): NA DT880 Specs Frequency Response: 5-35,000 Hz Nominal Impedance: 250 ohms Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 96 dB Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): NA DT990 Specs Frequency Response: 5-35,000 Hz Nominal Impedance: 250 ohms Sound Pressure Level (SPL): 96 dB Total Har… Some of Beyerdynamic’s newer headphones have updated this design, and I’ll admit that I don’t think any of them have the same charm as this older look. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Go to awesomeness ranking Go to consumer score ranking AKG K553 MKII is more popular 4.7 star rating. 0. Comfortable full-size form with earcups that fully enclose your ears. K712 is few years old model aimed at DT990 like more "balanced"/fun sound adding above neutral punching fun bass to … Beyerdynamic makes some of the best headphones in the world, but the focus is rarely in making something that will catch the eye. It can frequently sound sibilant. DT 880 Pro The DT 880 headphone has a fixed 9.8ft cable and comes with a soft carrying case. They all sound very similar, though the 80 Ohm version is famous for its more aggressive bass response. Devices with neodymium magnets are lighter and more powerful than those which use ferrite magnets. The cable plug is 1/8″ (3.5mm) and includes a 1/4″ (6.3mm) adapter for pro-audio gear. However, the DT770 just edges it out on comfort thanks to its big velour ear pads. 7 min read. For those seeking the most detail they can get on a budget of $200, the obvious recommendation remains the AKG K553. Beyerdynamic uses a single mini XLR, just like Audeze and AKG do. The headband is spring steel. It’s more comfy. Equipment Forums. As studio headphones, cable length shouldn’t be an issue with either model – there’s plenty of … The only real sonic “weakness” of the K371 is soundstage width, but it still sounds much wider than most other popular studio headphones. I can’t for the life of me figure out why Beyerdynamic still insists on shipping the DT770 with a permanently-attached cable. €26.11. Other options New and used AKG’s carrying bag is also better, with a nice grey textured exterior. But the DT770 is there for folks ready to kick everything up a notch, regardless of the bad that comes along for that ride. About The Author Stuart Charles Black. Beyerdynamic’s DT770, on the other hand, has a wide, spacious soundstage in an incredibly-isolating closed design. However, the Beyerdynamic are tight on the head, which also means they are more stable, but some may feel discomfort and fatigue after a while. In comparison: Sennheiser HD 599 ranks #12 out of 432. This is an excellent pair. Its style headphone design hallmarks might be off-putting to some professionals and those that like to heavily mod their headphones, but there’s really no overstating how well they perform. They’re large, and in spite of their circular openings, their tapered edges mean your ear will sit gently inside. Check Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro price, Get most important tech news & reviews straight to your inbox, * We will never send you spam or share your email with third parties. Sennheiser e935 vs AKG D7 vs Beyerdynamic TG V70 vs Lewitt MTP 550 DM vs AT ATM710. amazon $ 229.00. The remote has three buttons and is optimized for iOS, but it will work fine with Android and Windows phones as well. Lives for gear . The DT770 is a closed back wired headphone with an attached cable. Our detailed Over-Ear Headphone comparison of the beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro (1985) versus the AKG K92 (2016). 39800Hz vs 35000Hz; 9dB/mW higher sound pressure level? You’ll delight at the speed of its attack and decay in one song, and then scramble for the volume knob to turn it down a bit on the next. I have owned the Grado SR225, Senn HD600 and 595, Beyer DT880, AKG K701, and the Audio Techinica ATH-W1000 and ATTH-A900, I think the K701 was the most lively of them once you got some hours on them. The DT770s are among the most comfy studio-style headphones in existence. The most similar feature is sensitivity since Beyerdynamic DT 990 has 96 dB and AKG K702 provides sound with sensitivity 105 dB. Thick, plush pleather padding covers the lightweight headband. The K371 is a $150 closed back wired headphone designed for professional use, and also for anyone with ears who wants a clean, accurate sound. AKG K702. 2 editorial reviews. I’m crazy! save. Customers who view AKG K553 MKII and BeyerDynamic DT 880 often consider Sennheiser HD 599, a more popular, pricier option with better reviews. AKG K702 Beyerdynamic DT880 Which of these would you recommend as the most accurate? I’ve never grown tired of this and hearing it again in the last week, it’s still impressive. Posted by. See Top Ranked Over-Ear Headphones. Beyerdynamic’s DT770, on the other hand, is its own beast. The padding-less silicone headband cushion is another trend that’s on the rise with newer models. Sennheiser e935 vs AKG D7 vs Beyerdynamic TG V70 vs Lewitt MTP 550 DM vs AT ATM710. The materials used in most recent over and on ear studio headphones, including K371 are way more nice to touch and more premium feeling than say Audio-Technica ATH-M50x or Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, which seem to be more concerned by function alone. Available colors: Editiorial reviews: 4.5 / 5. Listening to both for yourself is great if you want to see how headphone accuracy curves have evolved over years of research, from the older Diffuse Field concept to the latest Harman Target Curve. The Soul Byrds, part of Beyerdynamic’s new Byrdland range of in-ears, replace one of our favourite budget in-ears of recent times, the Byrons. I'm no audiophile, so I'm unsure as to which one is better for me. DRIVER . Unlike the now-crushed-into-dust M50X’s, the DT770’s still have a place in a post-K371 world. After analyzing both the Beyerdynamic DT880 and the AKG K702 we think the better set of headphones is the Beyerdynamic DT880. 15 comments. Audio Post. Looking for a pair of on-ear portable headphones and have around $300 to spend? 5 Reasons Why You Should Buy The Google Pixel 4a! Masaaki. Product Store Price; beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear ... beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO 80 Ohm Over-Ear Studio Headphones in black. Velour padding comes standard on the earcups, although pleather variants may be purchased separately. They’ve used this bag for years, and even though I’d never call it anywhere close to “amazing,” I’d be weirdly bummed if they ever stopped including it. I … The metal parts are smartly employed, and it doesn’t feel bad. They’re both targeting similar design goals and usage scenarios, but the K371 is just better at every turn. Just wanted to know which would be the better option. Beyerdynamic makes some of the best headphones in the world, but the focus is rarely in making something that will catch the eye. It has air and midrange detail that rival a lot of the popular open back headphones. BEYERDYNAMIC DT770 (80 ohm) VS AKG K550'S . Both the Beyerdynamic DT250 and the AKG K553 Pro offer tons of detail. It’s a curious tuning choice that persists across many popular Beyerdynamic models. The Beyerdynamic T51p headphones are the best-sounding over-ear headphones that we've heard in a while at this price – that’s obvious from the moment you put them on. 27th September 2010 #2. Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO. ... AKG K240 600 Ohm vs. 55 Ohm AKG K701 vs. K240. The bass on the DT770 is also a little more textured and powerful than the bass on the K371. Share Quote. Brand Rating Very Good Brand 76.