This soup is great. By: Nicky Corbishley. In a medium bowl, stir together the eggs, water and salt. The chicken came out so moist. I didn't use a whole chicken - I used boneless, skinless breasts. This is also a somewhat time consuming soup but the soup is still worth the effort. … Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Correct any seasoning. I didn't use a whole chicken - I used boneless, skinless breasts. I have the kids unroll them and throw on a cookie sheet to "dry" a little so it doesn't soak up all the broth. I didn't use a whole chicken - I used boneless, skinless breasts. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Set Aside. Bring to a soft boil and cook until carrots are tender. Add celery, onions and carrots saute until soft. https://kitchenconfidante.com/chicken-and-herb-spaetzle-soup-recipe Remove chicken meat from the bones, chop or tear into pieces, then return it to the pot also. Stir and serve. The soup's flavor is good, and I'm going to try to rescue what's left somehow.... HE LOVED IT!  (Review from Allrecipes US | Canada), I made this recipe with "Grandma's Noodles II" (from this site), and it was AWESOME! Very hearty but more like dumplings than spaetzle. Rate this Recipe Print Recipe Pin Recipe. We’ve got delicious, easy recipes, tips to help you save time + money, makeovers, DIY ideas, health advice, celeb interviews, stories that’ll made you smile (or LOL) + everything in-between. Three bowls later, he was to full for dessert :-) This will be one of our cold weather staples! Prep Time 5 mins. GREAT recipe!! Add spaetzle. 562 calories; protein 36.3g 73% DV; carbohydrates 45.3g 15% DV; fat 25.2g 39% DV; cholesterol 222.7mg 74% DV; sodium 648mg 26% DV. I have the kids unroll them and throw on a cookie sheet to "dry" a little so it doesn't soak up all the broth. Total Time 26 mins. 1 bunch celery with leaves, cut into pieces. My father likes the dumplings very hearty so I added about the dough in 1/2 and added 1/4 to 1/3 a cup of extra flour. Once the carrots are tender, the soup is ready. Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter. Pass After years (I'm serious) this is the very first recipe for spaetzle that exactly matches my mother's (and her's) way of making it! Bring to a boil. Season with salt, pepper and garlic salt. In large soup pot, combine ALL “Initially Boiled Together” ingredients and bring to a boil… While bringing pot to boil, cut/prepare vegetables and spices.. Once pot reaches boil, add “Fresh Veggies” and items from “Once Boiling Begins” and return to a boil.. Gradually pour in the stock and the milk, stirring every few minutes and allow to come to the boil. Take your favorite homemade chicken noodle soup and give it a hearty twist: substitute spätzle (little German dumplings) for packaged noodles. Bring the broth to a boil, and add carrots. For the soup: Add diced carrots, celery and garlic to the pot and simmer until cooked Bring the soup back to a low boil and add the spaetzle to the soup, pressing through a strainer with large holes Add the chicken, bouillon and corn to the soup and cook for about 10 min I made the mistake of using the whole ice cream scoop and they soon turned out like baseballs. Chicken noodle soup, it's a global force for good. LOVE IT! Pat the dough out on a flat plate. Make spaetzle. They are used here together with chicken, to make a delicious chicken and noodle soup. I kept adding flour trying to get it to form a ball per the directions, which was a big mistake.