Maxamet. $120.00. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. And M398 has quite a bit less toughness than that: Adapted from [1][5][6][7][8] So it is apparent that the design of M398 is all about wear resistance and essentially ignores toughness. The Mule Team was set up with identical knife blade blank designs in different steels in an attempt to compare apples to apples when testing the knives. Maybe you’ve had one… Delica® 4 FRN K390. There is another set of specimens I heat treated of Maxamet … K390 and M390 share about the same toughness. Press J to jump to the feed. EDIT: From what I've been reading, there's conflicting data about which one is better. No trades please. K390. 1,244. Delica® 4 Ti / Damascus. Free shipping . Opinions on either vs the other? Archived. Current slide {CURRENT_SLIDE} of {TOTAL_SLIDES}- Best Selling in Factory Manufactured. Maxamet. $165.00. Ein Messer kann mehreren Zwecken dienen, und nur sein Besitzer kann entscheiden, ob das verwendete Metall für seine konkrete Situation das richtige ist. App users scroll right on the table. Mouse over multi alloy graph bars to see exact values. $265.00. I've had good experiences with m390, but zero experience with maxamet. Compare. Hello huge chips. Das neue Spyderco Pattadese ist eine kleinere Version des Spyderco Pattada. See all. Crucible Industry's CPM stands for Crucible Particle Metallurgy. $250.00 $175.00. $140.00. ➡ ➡ ➡. Dragonfly™ 2 FRN K390. Has anyone experience … Spyderco Sage 1 Cool Gray G10 Maxamet C123GPGY. Was ist der beste Stahl für Messer? Dieses Produkt ist nicht mehr verfügbar. The blade shape, a clip point in most spec sheets, has a nice gradual belly, and a very flat spine, once you’re past the *sharply jimped* thumb ramp. $105.00. Toughness testing by Knife Steel Nerds used steel heat treated by Warren Krywko and myself, and machined by Alpha Knife Supply and Mike Pierce. Poll: maxamet vs m390. The M390 offers better toughness, corrosion resistance and it’s a bit easier to sharpen compared to the Maxamet, but for the edge retention Maxamet is the best. Auf diese Frage gibt es Tausend Antworten und jede könnte aus einem bestimmten Blickwinkel richtig sein. Zur Alternative. I think the big factor is the 189 price tag. Close. Spyderco Pattadese C257GP. If you have any questions, please contact the mod team through modmail, accessible via a link in the about section. Maxamet ist eine sehr verschleißfeste Stahlsorte, die von Carpenter in den Vereinigten Staaten hergestellt wird. [WTS] Spyderco Pochi, Sage MAXAMET, Endura K390, Slysz SwayBack, Kapara CQI, Slysz SpydieChef CQI V2, Sage 5, SpyOpera M390, Slysz Techno 2 (A+) [Q] Model PN Price; A+: Spyderco Pochi CPM-S45VN Titanium Flipper: C256TIP: $172 shipped: Timestamp: A+: Spyderco Sage 1 MAXAMET Cool Gray G-10: C123GPGY: $188 shipped: Timestamp : A+: Spyderco Endura 4 Böhler K390 Blue FRN: C10FPK390: … Delica® 4 FRN Wharncliffe. K390 vs M390 Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Neo, Nov 18, 2015. Paid Subscribers don't see ads! Poll: maxamet vs m390. Es ist eine moderne Interpretation des klassischen Resolza-Designs aus Sardinien und Teil der Spyderco Ethnic-Serie. Neo. In an attempt to clear out some of my unused knives, I’m putting up some of my Spyderco Mule Team blades. Maxamet is the latest powder steel from Carpenter (aka CarTech). Spyderco Native 5 C41PGY5 Folding Knife, 3" Plain Edge Maxamet Blade, Gray FRN Handle. In this section, we’re going to compare our steel with other steels, and for this, I use four criteria; Edge Retention, Corrosion resistance, Ease of Sharpness, and Toughness, and I use a scale or note from 1 to 10.