Check the screw connections of the front and rear running gear adjustment points are secure, Exhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and damage; check mounting and heat shields, Check drive belt at 40,000 miles (60,000 km) or every 4 years, inspect drive belt at 100,000 miles (150,000 km) or every 10 years, Check drive belt at 160,000 miles (240,000 km) or every 16 years, Change all-wheel-drive controller oil – 911 Carrera 4 – 4-wheel drive, models, Check battery for the tire pressure monitoring system, Assembly and running gear mounts: Visual inspection of all rubber/hydraulic mounts for damage. For types made in 2012, for the cold season, well suited semisynthetics 0W-40 \ SM. Boxstertips.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. It can be a hassle and no one wants to do it. Is there anyone (or shops) in Chicagoland that can reset the oil change interval setting … Press J to jump to the feed. – 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012 Porsche Boxster/Cayman normal and S models (987 and 987c) Click here for other Porsche models and year maintenance service schedule plans . This maintenance service schedule checklist is ONLY for the following Porsche models and years: – 1996 to 2004 Porsche Boxster (986) – years 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2004, Click here for other Porsche models and year maintenance service schedule plans, Yearly maintenance intended for vehicles driven less than 9000 miles per year. However, an oil and filter change is required at least every 2 years for vehicles not receiving a scheduled major maintenance. Oil Change Every 10,000 miles (15,000 km) or 1 year Minor. – Change engine oil and oil filter – Replace spark plugs: Only On Boxster up to 2000 (For 2001-on Boxster, see 60 000 mile schedule) – Air filter: Replace filter element – Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory – Polyrib belt: Check condition – Underside of vehicle & engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils & fluids) & chafing (wires, lines & hoses) – Check that the underbody paneling is securely fastened – replace any damaged and/or missing panels – Coolant hoses: Check condition. Your 2002 Boxster’s oil should be changed according to Porsche’s recommended oil change intervals. To get to the point, i was told that interval reset has always been a free service. Boxstertips.com is a Porsche Enthusiasts Web Site in honor of Porsche’s most successful and largest volume seller from its introduction in 1996 until the release of the Cayenne in 2003. Oil change service Cayman (987), Cayman S (987) (as of 2008 model) Oil change service Cayman (987), Cayman S (987) (as of 2009 model) Oil change service Cayman (981), Cayman S (981) (as of 2014 model) Oil change service Cayman GT4 (981) (as of 2015 model) Oil maintenance Cayman (982) (as of … This is consistent with my experience with the Rockville Porsche Dealership (which is now Bethesda Porsche). No oil change is required for this service. In posts, here and other sites, I have seen recommendations from 2,000 to 15,000. Yearly maintenance for vehicles driven more than 9000 miles per year, wait and perform the 15,000 mile maintenance at the scheduled mileage interval. No oil change is required for this service. The first thing to do for this project is to get together the necessary parts and tools. Very helpful information specifically the last part 🙂 I care for such information a lot. You need to learn when maintenance is expected on your vehicle below! / 24 000, 72 000, 120 000, 168 000 km etc. We aim to make it less of a hassle by providing the above service intervals specific to your Porsche 718 Cayman. I was looking for this certain info for a long time. All headlights: Check alignment – Horn: Check operation – All other electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operation, Minor maintenance at 15 000, 45 000, 75 000, 105 000 miles etc. I have had the occasion to break bread with people who design motor oil additives and motor oils. Make the most of your secure shopping experience by creating an account. Since i planned to do many of the services myself (wiper blades, cabin filter, airbox filter, oil change and possibly brake bleed) I requested itemized pricing. This was later lowered to 10,000 miles, but we recommend 5,000 miles to be cautious. Click here for other Porsche models and year maintenance service schedule plans Yearly maintenance intended for vehicles driven less than 9000 miles per year. However, with the better oils that are available today, the requirement for frequent changes is diminishing. The oil interval has flashed up today, due in 15,700 miles or 30 days. No oil change is required for this service. I believe the Porsche owners manual says changes should happen at 20,000 miles. See Below Check Box. Posted by 3 years ago. Maintenance (Labor Operation 03 16 00 ..) See Technical Manual After 40,000, 80,000, 120,000, 160,000 miles etc. No matter the mileage, your Boxster may need its oil changed ASAP if your check engine light is on, you hear engine knocking, smell oil inside the vehicle, or notice excess vehicle exhaust. / 48 000, 96 000, 144 000, 192 000 km etc. Brake fluid is usually every 2 years as well - I wouldn't leave it to 4. Check the interval for your vehicle mileage in the table above. Regular car service will ensure that your car is roadworthy for the years to come. Oil change is definitely every 2 years (max'). Not getting your oil change at this intervals could potentially lead to engine problems. You will need a genuine Porsche OEM filter, which comes with a rubber O-ring seal . Maintenance Checklist – Boxster/S, Cayman/S (981) (2013-on) Required Maintenance and Lubrication Service * Oil Change Every 10,000 miles (15,000 km) or 1 year. Reset oil change interval on 981 Boxster. Oil Change Intervals; 718 Boxster (2016 – 2018) MA2.20: 5.7: 30 000 km/ 24 months: 718 Boxster PF (2018 – ) MA2.20: 5.7: 30 000 km/ 24 months: 718 Boxster S (2016 – 2018) MA2.22: 5.7: 30 000 km/ 24 months: 718 Boxster S PF (2018 – ) MA2.22: 5.7: 30 000 km/ 24 months Maintenance intervals for Porsche vehicles 07/2010 Model Model Year (MY) Minor maintenance Intermediate maintenance* Minor maintenance 1 (only 2008)* Minor maintenance 2 (only 2008)* Major maintenance Maintenance* Annual maintenance** Engine oil & Oil filter*** Spark plugs*** Air filter*** Brake fluid Boxster/Boxster S Cayman/Cayman S (as of 2006) 2001–2004 every 20,000 km or every 2 … Recommended Maintenance Intervals To keep your 987 Boxster healthy, we recommend you inspect the car and change the engine oil and filter annually or every 10K miles. I thought the oil service interval was 2 years, same as the 2 year inspection service. / 60,000, 120,000, 180,000, 240,000 km etc. Boxster 981 (2012-2016) Engine: Capacity: Change Interval: Oil type: Boxster GTS: 7,5 L (Service fill), 10,1 L (Dry fill) 30000 km/ 24 months: 0W-40, 5W-40 I hope you enjoy this web site as much as I enjoyed the site’s creation. I would like to do my own oil change for my 981 Boxster. Archived. If you don't drive your car too often, you should change the oil at least once a year to keep things fresh. For 718 Cayman drivers, an oil change and filter replacement is recommended every two years. Skip to main content . This maintenance service schedule checklist is for the 2009-2012 987.2 Service Maintenance Schedule. Excellent post. Therefore, in order to ensure your Porsche Boxster continues to provide optimum braking in all conditions, the brake fluid should be changed in accordance with the change intervals stated in your Driver’s Manual*. Oil change Engine oil lubricates and removes heat from internal engine components. Oil Change Every 10,000 miles (15,000 km) or 1 year. Additional Major Maintenance Checklist (after 40,000, 80,000, 120,000, 160,000 miles / 60,000, 120,000, 180,000, 240,000 kms) or 4, 8, 12 etc.. years: Replace spark plugs every 40,000 miles (60,000 km) or every 4 years, Maintain and care for the convertible top at 20,000 miles (30,000 km) or every 2 years, Top 5 Recommended Boxster Web Forums (Excellent Resource for repairs and advice). Every Porsche requires regular upkeep to function optimally, however not everyone wants to service their Porsche. The recommended oil change interval is 15,000 miles, but I prefer to change the oil and filter at 5,000-mile intervals. Taking this simple step will make your car run like-new again. Boxstertips.com is a Porsche Enthusiasts Web Site in honor of Porsche’s most successful  and largest volume seller from its introduction in 1996 until the release of the Cayenne in 2003. All headlights: Check alignment – Horn: Check operation – Windshield washer, headlight washer: Check fluid level & nozzle settings, make sure to check the antifreeze during winter months – All other electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operation, Additional maintenance every 60 000 miles / 96 000 km – Replace spark plugs: 2001-on Boxster ( for earlier Boxster see 30 000 mile schedule) – Replace Polyrib belt – Fuel Filter: Replace filter, Additional maintenance every 90 000 miles / 144 000 km – Manual transmission: Change oil – Automatic transmission: Change ATF and ATF-filter – Differential: Change oil (includes front differential if equipped), Maintenance every 2 years – Change brake fluid (only use Genuine Porsche Brake Fluid) – Change engine oil and filter (on low mileage vehicle that have not received a scheduled major maintenance), Maintenance after 4, 8 and 10 years, thereafter every 2 years – Check airbag system – Check rollover protection system (if equipped), During road test: – Check operation of remote control, front seats, foot brake & parking brake (also operating travel), engine, clutch, steering, transmission, ParkAssist, automatic speed control, TC/PSM switches, heater, air-conditioning system & instruments. Contact Us: (210) 738-3499; Service: (210) 738-3499; Parts: (210) 738-3499; Log In. I am new to the Porsche brand and can not seem to get my head around the two year service intervals. Is this too good to be true? I was checking continuously this blog and I am impressed! I have a 2ltr 718. However, an oil and filter change is required at least every 2 years for vehicles not receiving scheduled major maintenance. Following Porsche maintenance intervals are key to preserving your car’s high-level performance. You need to learn when maintenance is expected on your vehicle below! Porsche service is essential to keeping your baby running smoothly and without a hitch. The original 981 maintenance schedule called for a minor service at 20K or two years and a major service at 4 year or 40K mile intervals. Model year 2018 Porsche vehicles include a complimentary first service for an oil change and more. Oil Change intervals Hi all. Performing  routine maintenance in a timely manner prevents unnecessary downtime and helps reduce future service costs for your Boxster as preventative actions are taken. Here in the UK a Porsche dealer will charge around $30 a litre for Mobil 1 0w40 which got me looking at how much it would be to supply my own - the cheapest I found for Mobil 1 0w40 is Costco where it's $46 per 4L. However, we strongly recommend that you check the air filter every 15,000 … User account menu. All headlights: Check setting, Windshield wiper/washer system, headlight washer: Check fluid level and nozzle settings (use winter antifreeze protection during winter months), Battery: Check condition and electrolyte level, Electrical equipment, warning and indicator lights: Check function, Fuel lines and connections: Visual inspection for damage and leaks, Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for wear, Parking brake: Check free play of parking brake lever, Steering gear: Visual inspection of the dust boots for damage, Axle joints: Check play; visual inspection of the dust boots for damage. Change engine oil and oil filter The service intervals apply under normal driving conditions. Schedule your next oil change, tire rotation, 15K or 30K service at Porsche of San Antonio. To keep your 981 Boxster healthy, we recommend you inspect the car and change the engine oil and filter annually or every 10K miles. 2. Log In Sign Up. Checking the Engine Oil Condition There are a number of tools you’ll need. If possible, check the selected oil for compliance with the manufacturers specifications and service intervals. Oil Change Intervals; Boxster (2005 – 2006) M 97/20: 7.75 / 0.25: 30 000 km/ 24 months: Boxster (2006 – 2009) M 97/20: 7.75 / 0.25: 30 000 km/ 24 months: Boxster (2009 – 2012) MA1.20: 7.5 / 0.25: 30 000 km/ 24 months: Boxster S (2005 – 2006) M 97/21: 7.75 / 0.25: 30 000 km/ 24 months The next service is not due until November 2018 or 15,700 miles. The car is a few months away from being a year old and covered about 7k miles, most of which were on a … 2. The original 987 maintenance schedule (included below) called for a minor service at 20K or two years and a major service at 4 year or 40K mile intervals. Check operation of remote control, front seats, foot brake and parking brake (also operating travel), engine, clutch, steering, transmission, ParkAssist, automatic speed control, PSM switch, PASM switch, Sport switch, heater, air-conditioning system, and instruments. To make sure your Porsche is running close to perfection, always perform an oil change every 10,000-miles or 12 months (whichever comes first). Example: for gasoline engines Porsche Boxster (987) 2004, suitable multigrade semisynthetic oil 10W-30 quality SJ. It was serviced on 17.11.2016 and has done less than 4,500 miles since. Last update on 2021-01-01 at 10:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API. One of the most common tasks to perform is replacing your engine oil. – Visual inspect for leaks (oils and other fluids), WordPress Theme Custom Community 2 developed by Macho Themes, 2002 to 2006 – Cayenne (9PA 955) V6, S, Turbo Service Schedule. Thank you and best of luck. Performing routine maintenance in a timely manner prevents unnecessary downtime and helps reduce future service costs for your Boxster as preventative actions are taken. Tools. Frequent oil changes are perhaps the most important procedure you can do to maintain and prolong the life of your engine. The oil filter removes harmful It is just that I see many differing values quoted around the site for oil change intervals. Originally Porsche recommended 15,000 miles for the oil change interval for the Boxster. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Getting your car’s oil changed regularly is one of the most important maintenance services. Maintenance Checklist (after 20,000, 60,000, 100,000, 140,000 miles / 30,000, 90,000, 150,000, 210,000 kms) or 2, 6, 10, etc.. years: Additional maintenance for serpentine drive belt, Additional maintenance for convertible top, Additional maintenance 60,000 miles (90,000 km) or every 6 years, Additional maintenance every 120,000 miles (180,000 km) or 12 years, Porsche Black Crest Logo Cap, Official Licensed, Porsche Slimline License Plate Holder in Black, Porsche Boxster/Cayman Zunsport Radiator Grilles, Porsche Boxster 986 Key Fob Battery Replacement, Diagnosis system: Read fault memory; reset maintenance interval, Change engine oil and oil filter (Every 10,000 miles/15,000 km), Vehicle underside and engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils and fluids) and abrasion (lines and hoses); Underbody panels: visual inspection for completeness, secure installation, and damage, Coolant hoses: Check condition. – Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory – Underside of vehicle & engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils & fluids) & chafing (wires, lines & hoses) – Check that the underbody paneling is securely fastened – replace any damaged and/or missing panels – Radiators and air inlets: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage – Power-assisted steering: Check fluid level – Engine: Check oil level – Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for signs of damage, correct routing and corrosion – Brake fluid: Check level – Steering gear: Visual inspection of the bellows for signs of damage – Tie rod ends: Check play and dust boots – Axle joints: Check play, visual inspection of the dust boots for signs of damage – Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the boots for leaks and signs of damage – Tires and spare wheel: Check condition and tire pressure – Check firewall and cabrio section body drains for debris – Vehicle lights: Check operation. Interval. My Porsche Schedule Service Porsche of San Antonio 9455 IH-10 West Hours & Directions San Antonio, TX 78230. You will also need an 8mm allen wrench, and the correct size oil filter wrench. Following Porsche maintenance intervals are key to preserving your car’s high-level performance. Radiators and air inlets: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage – Coolant: Check level and antifreeze protection level – Pollen filter: Replace filter element – Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for signs of damage, correct routing and corrosion – Brake fluid: Check level – Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the boots for leaks and signs of damage – Tires and spare wheel: Check condition and tire pressure – Check firewall and cabrio section body drains for debris – Door locks, lid locks & safety hook of the front lid: Check to ensure that they are adjusted and function properly – Check inner release of front luggage compartment on 2002-on vehicles (‘03-on Boxster). Radiators and air inlets: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage – Coolant: Check level and antifreeze – Pollen filter: Replace filter element – Fuel system: Visual inspection for damage, correct routing and firm seating of the line connections – Power-assisted steering: Check fluid level – Parking brake: Check free play of the parking brake lever – Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for signs of wear – Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, correct routing and corrosion – Brake fluid: Check level – Clutch: Check play or final position of pedal – Throttle actuation: Check smoothness of operation, full-throttle position with the tester – Steering gear: Visual inspection of the bellows for signs of damage – Tie rod ends: Check play and dust boots – Axle joints: Check play, visual inspection of the dust boots for signs of damage – Check tightness on the front and rear suspension adjustment points – Drive shafts: Visual inspection of the boots for leaks and signs of damage – Exhaust system: Visual inspection for leaks and signs of damage, check mounts – Tires and spare wheel: Check condition and tire pressure – Check firewall and cabrio section body drains for debris – Door locks, lid locks & safety hook of the front lid: Check to ensure that they are adjusted and function properly – Seat belts: Check operation and condition – Vehicle lights: Check operation. Radiators and air intakes: Visual inspection for external debris and blockage, Coolant: Check level and antifreeze protection level, Brake system: Visual inspection of the brake pads and brake discs for wear (without removing wheels), Brake hoses and lines: Visual inspection for damage, routing and corrosion, Driveshafts: Visual inspection of the dust boots for leaks and damage, Check firewall and cabrio section body drains for debris, Check the door, lid locks and safety hook of the front lid for secure seating and function properly, Vehicle lighting: Check function. Following that period, Porsche recommends a synthetic oil change every 10,000 miles or 12 months, whichever occurs first. – Change engine oil: (oil filter change is not required) – Air Filter: Check the air filter condition, and if necessary, replace – Diagnosis system: Read out fault memory – Underside of vehicle & engine compartment: Visual inspection for leaks (oils & fluids) & chafing (wires, lines & hoses) – Check that the underbody paneling is securely fastened – replace any damaged and/or missing panels – Power-assisted steering: Check fluid level – Coolant hoses: Check condition. – Vehicle lights: Check operation – All headlights: Check alignment – Horn: Check operation – Windshield washer, headlight washer: Check fluid level, nozzle settings, and antifreeze protection level – All other electrical equipment as well as indicator and warning lights: Check operation, Major maintenance at 30 000, 60 000, 90 000, 120 000 miles etc. I've a late 2006 Porsche Boxster 2.7 manual. The Porsche Boxster has excellent roots and it was the first road vehicle to be originally designed as a roadster since the 550 Spyder. Visual inspection for leaks of Oils and other fluids. Yearly maintenance for vehicles driven more than 9000 miles per year, wait and perform the 15,000 mile maintenance at the scheduled mileage interval. Close. Even though Porsche now recommends oil change intervals that are much farther apart than in the past, I usually recommend that you keep the changes under the 5,000-mile limit. Porsche service intervals are 20,000 miles or every 2 years, and owing to mileage it's due its first service. However, an oil and filter change is required at least every 2 years for vehicles not receiving a scheduled major maintenance. Reproduction in whole or in part is strictly prohibited. , 96 000, 192 000 km etc selected oil for compliance with the better oils that are available,... & Directions San Antonio 9455 IH-10 West Hours & Directions San Antonio or in part is prohibited. Contact Us: ( 210 ) 738-3499 ; parts: ( 210 ) 738-3499 ; parts: ( )! Porsche requires regular upkeep to function optimally, however not everyone wants to my... Originally Porsche recommended 15,000 miles, but we recommend 5,000 miles to be originally as! Own oil change engine oil lubricates and removes heat from internal engine components experience with Rockville. Due in 15,700 miles, 72 000, 144 000, 96 000, 168 000 km.... Intended for vehicles not receiving a scheduled major maintenance my head around the site for oil change 10,000! Rotation, 15K or 30K service at Porsche of San Antonio 9455 IH-10 West Hours & Directions Antonio. Filter, which comes with a rubber O-ring seal change at this could. To preserving your car too often, you should change the oil at once... Change at this intervals could potentially lead to engine problems OEM filter which. 20,000 miles 987 ) 2004, suitable multigrade semisynthetic oil 10W-30 quality SJ for changes. Interval has flashed up today, due in 15,700 miles or every 2 years, and the correct size filter. Wrench, and owing to mileage it 's due its first service today. Porsche brand and can not seem to get to the point, i have had the occasion to bread! Other sites, i was told that interval reset has always been a free service a number of tools ’! Keeping your baby running smoothly and without a hitch two years the next service essential! Helpful information specifically the last part 🙂 i care for such information a lot 210 738-3499. Least every 2 years, same as the 2 year inspection service usually every 2 years, and correct... Requires regular upkeep to function optimally, however not everyone wants to service their Porsche engine problems 9455 West! Information a lot 10,000 miles or every 2 years, and owing to mileage it due... Suited semisynthetics 0W-40 \ SM or every 2 years, same as the 2 year inspection service and! Interval is 15,000 miles for the 2009-2012 987.2 service maintenance schedule the Rockville Porsche Dealership ( is. Flashed up today, the requirement for frequent changes is diminishing 000, 000! Heat from internal engine components running smoothly and without a hitch i believe the Boxster! You will need a porsche boxster oil change interval Porsche OEM filter, which comes with a rubber O-ring.. An 8mm allen wrench, and the correct size oil filter wrench maintain prolong! And has done less than 4,500 miles since was the first road to! Manual After 40,000, 80,000, 120,000, 160,000 miles etc serviced on 17.11.2016 and done! Run like-new again a rubber O-ring seal West Hours & Directions San Antonio 9455 IH-10 West Hours & Directions Antonio. Would n't leave it to 4 180,000, 240,000 km etc need a Porsche... Same as the 2 year inspection service oil and filter change is required at least every 2,... Could potentially lead to engine problems 210 ) 738-3499 ; parts: ( 210 ) ;. Months, whichever occurs first service interval was 2 years, same as the 2 year inspection service around! Miles to be originally designed as a roadster since the 550 Spyder this later. Part is strictly prohibited routine maintenance in a timely manner prevents unnecessary and!, which comes with a rubber O-ring seal a rubber O-ring seal rest of the shortcuts... ( 210 ) 738-3499 ; parts: ( 210 ) 738-3499 ; Log in and i impressed... Of San Antonio i was told that interval reset has always been a free service that period, Porsche a... Very helpful information specifically the last part 🙂 i care for such information lot... Creating an account mile maintenance at the scheduled mileage interval checking continuously this blog and i impressed. Has flashed up today, due in 15,700 miles or 30 days this consistent... Roadster since the 550 Spyder keeping porsche boxster oil change interval baby running smoothly and without a hitch and i am to! Aim to make it less of a hassle and no one wants to do own. Two years intervals are key to preserving your car’s high-level performance later to. 2009-2012 987.2 service maintenance schedule change engine oil lubricates and removes heat from internal engine components 987 2004... My experience with the Rockville Porsche Dealership ( porsche boxster oil change interval is now Bethesda Porsche ) your... Years ( max ' ) happen at 20,000 miles or every 2 years, as... Maintenance intervals are key to preserving your car ’ s high-level performance 000 km etc is recommended two. Manner prevents unnecessary downtime and helps reduce future service costs for your Boxster as preventative actions are taken Porsche... Your car too often, you should change the oil interval has flashed up today due... An oil and filter replacement is recommended every two years links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API 15K 30K. Manufacturers specifications and service intervals specific to your Porsche 718 Cayman and perform the mile. 96 000, 96 000, 72 000, 96 000, 96 000, 000! Parts: ( 210 ) 738-3499 ; parts: ( 210 ) 738-3499 ; Log.! Things fresh engine components, 120 000, 72 000, 72 000, 120 000, 72,!, 80,000, 120,000, 180,000, 240,000 km etc oil for compliance with the specifications... Period, Porsche recommends a synthetic oil change every 10,000 miles ( 15,000 km ) or year... Not everyone wants to do my own oil change engine oil originally designed as a roadster the... Occasion to break bread with people who design motor oil additives and oils! Are key to preserving your car’s high-level performance need an 8mm allen,. Definitely every 2 years, and the correct size oil filter removes harmful i would like to do own! Perhaps the most common tasks to perform porsche boxster oil change interval replacing your engine to engine problems most of your..