Click on the iPhone icon in the upper left hand corner of iTunes. A hard reset can temporarily fix minor software glitches and crashes. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. Hold down the on/off button for 3 seconds, then let it go. I'm abroad and only have spotty wifi, so I hope some of you can help me here. Step 1 How to Force Restart an iPhone 11 Quickly press and release the Volume Up button (1). Your iPhone will not turn on and you’re looking for help. Follow these steps to do so. Press and quickly release the Volume Down button. Your iPhone 11 isn't turning off and you're not sure why. Plug the Lightning connector on your Lightning cable (charging cable) into the Lightning port on your iPhone. jQuery(function(){Boxzilla.on("box.show",function(e){window.dataLayer=window.dataLayer||[],window.dataLayer.push({event:"newsletter-impression",newsletter_number:1})})}); iPhone 11 Won’t Turn Off? By using Lifewire, you accept our, How to Fix an iPhone that Won't Power Off, How to Turn Off Your iPhone (Even iPhone X), 5 Ways to Fix an iPhone That Keeps Shutting Down, How to Easily Fix the iPhone White Screen of Death, How to Fix It When Nintendo Switch Won't Turn On, How to Fix Problems With Your iPhone Headphone Jack, What to Do When Your iPhone Won't Turn On, How to Fix it When Your iPhone is Not Connecting to Wi-Fi, How to Fix It When iPhone's Personal Hotspot Is Not Working. A lot of the time, the software crashes and freezes your iPhone 11, making it appear as if it won't turn off. Stay up to date on the latest phones, plans, and deals with our once-a-week digest. We believe you would be able to work with your device like before. At the moment I'm waiting for it to run out of juice but that might take awhile. A DFU restore is the last troubleshooting step you can take to rule out a software problem on your iPhone. Restore your iPhone from backup. What Problems You May Meet … 1. This is a neat trick that's most useful if your phone's physical Home button is broken and can't be used to reset your phone (it also works on models without a Home button). If you have a newer iPhone, press and hold the Side button and the Volume down button until the slider appears. The flashlight is a dedicated icon, and looks similar to the other fast access commands, with the ability to be accessed using just a single tap. Just pressing the Sleep/Wake button briefly isn’t enough to turn off your iPhone. How To Turn Off iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max. If a hard reset and AssistiveTouch haven't solved it, your problem probably has to do with the software on your phone, not the hardware. Press and hold the side button. You can get phone support from Apple (charges will apply if your phone is no longer under warranty). This first set of directions is for if you have an iPhone 8 or an earlier model than that. The good news with this is in most situations this can be fixed quickly. Hi, I'm David! If you have a WiFi connection, you can back up your iPhone using iCloud. A couple of minutes later, it was black. Step 1: Press and hold the Side button and Volume Up button simultaneously until the power off menu appears. Let's rock down on how to solve these disturbing issues. Every Puls repair is backed by a lifetime warranty and their prices tend to be a lot less than Apple's. Unlike other iPhone problems like WiFi Not Working or Cannot Connect to App Store, iPhone Won't Turn On can be quite annoying since you can not use your iPhone completely. 1. "iPhone won't turn on" is one of the commonest problems that can happen on iPhone. The methods are approved useful for many people including those who use the newest iPhone 12. Press and hold the Side/Power button until the Apple logo appears. So, check out the steps below… Step 1: Quick press the ‘Volume Up’ button and … Connect the iPhone to a PC to fix iPhone 11 won’t turn on You can use iTunes on your PC to turn on the iPhone if the device gets connected via the lightning cable. If you don't see the charging screen within an hour, or you see the connect to power screen, check the jack, USB cable, and power adapter. There are two ways you can turn off your iPhone X or iPhone 11 using the buttons. Users seem to be trapped in a catch 22 situation due to this issue. All of Sudden your iPhone won’t turn on even if you have already tried pressing the start button or the power button several times? Step 2: Release the buttons and slide on the ‘Slide to power off’ slider to turn off iPhone 11. If the standard iPhone restart process doesn't work, or doesn't solve the problem, try these four steps, in this order: Hard reset your iPhone. It’s a problem that can be easy or difficult to fix, depending on the cause. It's more likely than not that a software problem is preventing you from turning off your iPhone 11. You can also go to an Apple Store for face-to-face help. After five seconds, release the side button, but continue to hold the volume down button. When I got out my phone screen was unusually dark even on the brightest setting. These may imply that your iPhone has a shortage of storage space, corrupted software or even a broken screen. Connect your iPhone to your Mac using a charging cable. Press and release the volume down button. I had my phone connected to my rental car for CarPlay. If none of these steps have solved your problem, and your iPhone still won't turn off, your problem may be bigger, or a lot trickier, than you can solve at home. Your iPhone appears in iTunes or Finder, it's in DFU mode! When the screen turns black, press and hold the volume down button while continuing to hold the side button. Drag the slider to turn off the phone. If you have a newer iPhone, press and hold the Side button and the Volume down button until the slider appears. My iPhone Screen Won't Rotate. Those are both valid concerns. Before you try any of these steps, first you should try the standard way of turning off your iPhone. You can turn on in many ways as it is the new form of device with many features available. In this article, I'll show you how to fix the problem when your iPhone 11 won't turn off! Restoring from a back up is a lot more convenient than having to go and reenter all the information that was saved on your iPhone. A progress bar will appear on the screen. When you arrive, go to the Genius Bar to check in for your appointment. The good thing is that we have many methods that you can try to fix your iPhone that won’t turn on. If the iPhone 12/11 screen won't turn on, we would recommend Force Restart of the device. Here are the most possible reasons why iPhone … Enter your address and personal information. An iPhone that's stuck on is a rare situation, but if it's happening to you, here's what's going on and how you can fix it. Joan J. Mims Last updated: Wednesday on Jun 10, 2020, 11:21:55 iPhone Issues. Many iPhone problems are caused when Settings isn't set up correctly or by corruption within individual Settings app files. Restoring the Settings app back to factory defaults doesn't fix every iPhone software problem, but it is a go-to fix for Apple technicians because it does solve a lot of problems that would be very difficult to to track down by hand. Then you can enter into the recovery mode via iTunes on your iPhone and can repair issues. These steps are not different than previous models of iPhone. Puls repairs broken iPhone screens, batteries, speakers, cameras, charging ports, and more. The only drawback at this point is that Puls isn't available everywhere (they're mostly in major US cities). To solve the iPhone that won't turn on after it's turned off, ... On iPhone 8, X, XS, 11 or later: Press and quickly release the Volume Up button. For older iPhone models, hold down the Sleep/Wake button and then swipe the Power Off slider. If you're looking to save some money you're not covered by Apple's warranty, you may want to check out our other recommendations. Press and release the Volume Up and Down button quickly on your iPhone. Press and hold the side button until your iPhone's display goes black. If you're not under warranty, the Genius will give you a quote for the cost of a repair. There's a lot of demand for tech support at Apple Stores and without an appointment, you'll probably wait a long time to speak to someone. It's time to bring in the experts: Apple. The most likely reasons why your iPhone won't turn off are: These instructions apply to all iPhone models. And one of the issues that users are complaining about lately is: my iPhone is frozen and won't turn off or reset. Our step-by-step guide will show you how to troubleshoot potential software problems, then recommend a couple of repair options if your iPhone 11 still won't turn off. If you're under warranty, many repairs can be done on the spot, but it all depends upon which parts are in stock. If you have bought a new iPhone 11 and are unable to access some of its features, then you need not get panic, as here it is given about turning on an iPhone 11. Once you hold the button for a few seconds and let go, the screen will change.