Yes, most Andis clipper blades can be sharpened at our factory repair center or at Andis Authorized Service Stations. Why Is My Hedge Trimmer Blade Not Moving? However, because of the length of the teeth on trimmer blades we do not recommend that these be sharpened. Once the blades are put back in, the tips are reattached and the razor should be good to go. Instead, slowly and steadily work your way through the bush until you can get the hedge trimmer unstuck. Should a Black & Decker electric hedge trimmer fail to operate efficiently or at all, troubleshooting the device can lead to a solution. We get asked “Why won’t my blades cut, or why are my blades pulling hair?” a lot, and sometimes it comes in the form of a statement, “My clipper/trimmer blades quit cutting/started pulling hair, so I threw them (“them” being the blades and sometimes the entire clipper/trimmer!) To protect the trimmer during this repair, remove the spark plug and feed a piece of scrap starter rope into the combustion chamber, as this will stop the piston from moving while the clutch is removed. When your Weed Eater won't start, the malfunction often has something to do with cleanliness issues in the carburetor or problems with the spark plug. Remove the trimmer … To inspect the drive cable, remove the engine assembly from the shaft and look to see if the cable is in its proper place. Attempting If the drive cable is broken or detached, the trimmer head will not spin. 2 Answers from … Once you figure it out, enter your model number in the search box and we’ll ship the part you need. Thank you for this ingenious fix.BillNov 2020. And when ever i try to align them, They just move back into the wrong place and the main blade does not move all the way over so i cant … Like the dead motor hairs could be stuck in the blades preventing them to move freely. Remove Blades and clean. The drive shaft is not repairable—if the drive shaft is broken, you must replace it. Just as with most re-chargeable devices, you don’t need to keep your shaver charging when the battery is full. Can I have my clipper and trimmer blades sharpened? Play. You will be taken through a CertCapture request form. Ensure you have read our Small Bogs down. Inspect the blades to see if there's any branches stuck. Lack of lubrication can also be an issue. Coverd it in wd40, gave all the teeth a light tap with a hammer, greased it up and its still well seized. Draw the whetstone along each blade, using a careful swiping motion in the direction of the tip and smoothing the roughened surface as you go. Well it depends, have you used them in a while? Now I maybe use it for a couple hours total a year. If you have items in your cart, they will be saved for your return. These categories may also be of interest ... Garden Tools, ChainsawsGarden Tools, Grass TrimmersGarden Tools, Irrigation SystemsGarden Tools, Lawn Mowers Full list. Are they clogged with hair? Any further rotation, the blades will start reverse direction. Plug your trimmer into your charger and see if anything happens. Lack of lube alone won’t cause the gearbox to seize but damage caused to the gears from the lack of lube will. Plug your trimmer in; the device should be fully charged in 10 hours according to the user manual. If it still won't go back and forth, just make noise, stop, remove the blade and take it apart. Some parts you might need to replace are the gear case, clutch, blades, and gears. Feb 9, 2015 #17 Hey Hostetter. Go. Report This by Manage My Life. Trimmer won't cut. robin long reach hedge trimmer (bp2501h)engine going fine but blades won't move any ideas what is wrong cris September 2009: There is more help available. If the blades are not moving enough to cut, I suspect the problem is in the blade or the gear. Share it! Although it sounds paradoxical, a gas Weed Eater trimmer head stops spinning for the same reason that another gas Weed Eater trimmer won't … 3in1 or sewing machine oil are best. Lack of lubrication can also be an issue. Not everything that fits into the cutting zone of a hedge trimmer's teeth can actually be cut. Even perfectly sharpened blades can refuse to cut, and there are common culprits: Blade spring tension; Blade set adjustment; Dirty blades; Clipper needs work; Detachable Clipper Blade Anatomy. finally, a dull blade won't cut. Get more answers from the people in your networks. Spray lubricating spray on the edges of the blades. The motion is in such that at one extreme position, the teeth of both blades … blades won,t move on hedge trimmer? H. herler LawnSite Fanatic . If this is happening to you, I recommend inspecting the device’s spark plug to see if it is wearing out or has been damaged. One of the most common problems with an electric hedge trimmer is jammed blades. Make sure the red light appears, which lets you know that it’s charging. (I am familiar with Husqvarna chain saws and their start throttle position characteristics). Browse the symptoms below that best describe the problem. Simply charge it to capacity, remove it from the charger, and even allow it to die once in a while. My Stihl hedge trimmer blades bound up and wouldn't stroke. Reassemble the blades ensuring that the bottom blade is properly seated. The clutch engages one or more drive shafts which attach to the trimmer head. Broken tooth. However, like most power tools, these trimmers can break down and quit working. 0:00. Hedge Trimmers My hedgetrimmer engine is running ok but the blades won't move? Thread starter gosselin142258; Start date Mar 4, 2008; Prev. Favorite Answer. Hedge trimmer won’t start. Then remove the plastic cover from the bottom of the trimmer. To inspect the gear you need to unplug the trimmer. Our instructions are a general guide. You may be … What is the difference between a trimmer T-blade and a square blade? Trimmer won't cut. If you placed an order on ApplianceHelp.com the order is still valid and you can check on its status and make changes here on PartSelect.com. The blade feels sharp, it is only 5 hours old!!!! Trimmer won't cut. Trimmer fix: the little spinning pin in my trimmer doesn’t move the blade side-to-side anymore - how can I fix it? Common solutions for: Stihl String trimmer head won't spin. Debris should be cleaned out. If your trimmer didn't come with lubricating oil you'll need to get some. Try charging a similar device with the same charging cord you used with the trimmer to verify that it functions properly. Use our troubleshooting guide and you’ll see step-by-step directions to get your hedge trimmer back on track. … When your Weed Eater won't start, the malfunction often has something to do with cleanliness issues … no water comes out of the hot water taps, cold water works ? Hedge Trimmers how can i get my JCB trimmer to start cutting again? Grass trimmer worked fine but hedge trimmer won't take throttle. Inspect the blades to see if there's any branches stuck. Where can I purchase replacement blades? Get more answers from the people in your networks. The blades move, but it does not cut anything. In other words you can’t just add lube to a gearbox that is not working and have it work again. String Trimmer Drive Shaft. This brings us to my next point: What to Do if The Mower Blade Won’t Tighten. June 19th, 2011 . This can happen over many years due to normal wear or can happen quickly if the trimmer is overloaded or abused. Hello all. With Avalara CertCapture, you can add your tax exemption certificates to your Fix.com account to purchase tax-free! Turn the hedge trimmer over so that you can work on the back of the blades, and lightly moisten them as you work. If the drive shaft is broken, the string trimmer head won’t spin. Hedge Trimmer: Blades Don't Oscillate . Have aquired a stihl hedge trimmer blade that is not working. Still not sure which part is broken? Landrus2 LawnSite Fanatic. ... mend, fix, or repair just about anything. Bushwacker Hedge Trimmer 22" 28cc Comfort Action Model 358.796390 Engine works great, blades don't move. The manufacturer should provide a proper tightening level expressed in foot-pounds, commonly found in the mower’s manual. Trimmer goes flat or wont take a charge, as it should. Charger is Faulty. Craftsman gas hedge trimmer blades don't move. Turn the machine upside down and remove the flat plate from the bottom - you'll find a pin that drives the gears inside has sheared. my Gardenline petrol hedge trimmer blades won't move? My HC151 got so much dirt cake up in between the blades even using WD40 … howtomendit.com costs nothing to use and you can ask a question without an account or logging in. Plus, don’t forget to … Wait at least one hour for the battery to fully charge. Feb 9, 2015 #18 HostetterLC said: Update: Re-assembled … Never increase the power you are using to cut, as this could ruin the mechanics of your trimmer. My Poulan pro 2322 hedge trimmer blade got jammed and now they won’t move. Try to include as much detail as possible. Your best bet is to get a clipper wash (its really a spray in a can) and hit em with that, following directions. Print page before using information supplied via this website. We have received your CertCapture request form for . Especially if you trim back particularly thick growth in your bushes, the blades can easily lock up due to collected debris. In this case the previous steps would be followed and blades would be replaced. Check the belt guides for correct clearance from the belt when the blade engagement lever is engaged. Pages Can I repair my hedge trimmers? Never increase the power you are using to cut, as this could ruin the mechanics of your trimmer. 1 decade ago. If the blades on your hedge trimmer do not spin and turn, refer to our repair guide to help you identify your problem and the best way to fix it. Yes, I've had them quit after one shave, it it is rare. We get asked “Why won’t my blades cut, or why are my blades pulling hair?” a lot, and sometimes it comes in the form of a statement, “My clipper/trimmer blades quit cutting/started pulling hair, so I threw them (“them” being the blades and sometimes the entire clipper/trimmer!) professional. Same problem with mine, Take of the allen key screws at the base and the first nut on the blade. We see you're shipping to . Refer to your user manual for the proper replacement part number if a new drive cable is required. Craftsman gas hedge trimmer blades don't move. Learn more here: https://egopowerplus.com/commercial-hedge-trimmer/ Lock down have caused many of us changing way of life including the saloon visits. The most common issue with gearboxes is the failure of the teeth on the gearing. Now I maybe use it for a couple hours total a year. Why won’t my blades cut, or why are my blades pulling hair? My Weed Eater Trimmer Head Doesn't Turn. My Poulan pro 2322 hedge trimmer blade got jammed and now they won’t move. karcher sc5800c tank heats trigger clicks in machine but no steam? Hedge Trimmers hedge trimmer? Here we are looking at how to set, adjust, and change dog clipper blades. SHOP PARTS. Hello all. Report This by Manage My Life. Jammed blades on electric or gas trimmers usually result from tackling jobs too big for the machine. Amazing. A month ago I fired it and my echo grass trimmer up to just run them. This can cause the battery to overheat and kill its lifespan over time. Garden Tools, Hedge Trimmers (1420 other questions), There is more help available. Lack of lube alone won’t cause the gearbox to seize but damage caused to the gears from the lack of lube will. Report This by Manage My Life. 1; 2; First Prev 2 of 2 Go to page. If you keep doing that, eventually you won’t be able to tighten it at all. ), (Enter your name as you wish it to be displayed.). I own a set of WAHL 8120 Dog hair cutter's and they don't seem to cut because the blade's aren't aligned properly. Especially if you trim back particularly thick growth in your bushes, the blades can easily lock up due to collected debris. (I am familiar with Husqvarna chain saws and their start throttle position characteristics). Generally speaking, the blade should be tight enough so that it doesn’t move around on its own, but you should be able to move with your hand by applying some pressure. The clutch prompts the drive shaft to start rotating once a certain rotational speed is reached and allows the engine to run without always rotating the drive shaft. Click to remove this tagging. My manual doesn’t give any troubleshooting - Answered by a verified Technician. So use of Wahl clippers and trimmers have increased tremendously so as asking me resolutions on issues like Wahl clippers won’t turn ON/OFF, Pulling hair, Cutting skin, Loud noise, how to assemble Wahl clipper blades, Wahl trimmer flashing blue light, Wahl clipper tuning and so on. Lack of lube alone won’t cause the gearbox to seize but damage caused to the gears from the lack of lube will. Remove your muffler and take a look at exhaust port . I have Craftsman 20" electric hedge trimmer model 315.799540. If the blades are not moving, your clutch may be damaged or simply in need of tensioning. Problems with the clutch, gearbox, or blades can prevent the hedge trimmer blades from moving. Hedge Trimmer: Blade Cuts Poorly . Get more answers from the people in your networks. Share it! Morning arbtalkers! the blades move freely by hand. Brush Your Blades Have aquired a stihl hedge trimmer blade that is not working. (Add your answer here. Coverd it in wd40, gave all the teeth a light tap with a hammer, greased it up and its still well seized. Ideally your trimmer will recognize it has been connected to a power source and charge its battery. We can offer you custom troubleshooting help if you search with your model number. Engine runs fine. If the clutch assembly is worn out, it won’t be able to engage the drive shafts to rotate the trimmer head. Remove this one and clean and lubricate both blades. Follow. repairs can be dangerous. Call Rapid Edge for service. I couldn't find any debris causing the problem, so I tore into the gearbox. How can we make sure this does not happen? If the mower won't move when you engage the drive lever, you may need to adjust the drive belt. 4 Answers from these members: The … Blades over oiled. Blades not turning. This is usually caused by overtightening the bolt that holds the blade … Craftsman Exclusives, Craftsman, Trimmers & Edgers. Clear debris from the engine pulley and transmission pulley so the belt grips both pulleys firmly when you engage the drive lever. my black and decker blades (cutter) do not move, has anyone any ideas to solve this problem? Motor is dead. Hedge Trimmer: Blades Don't Oscillate . Tags . Y. yungman LawnSite Bronze Member. Please help! I just purchased a new Husqvarna 122HD45 hedge trimmer. The unit starts immediately with no problem, however after starting it does not appear to run in the "start throttle position" and the blades do not move. This is a general guide for your repair; for more detailed information on … If so, you will have no other choice but to replace it. My Weed Eater Trimmer Head Doesn't Turn. If you notice the branches you’re working on are being cut unevenly or are frayed, this is an sign that the blades need to be sharpened. A month ago I fired it and my echo grass trimmer up to just run them. Check the manual related to your model for more specific repair instructions. Bought a new husqvarna hedge trimmer, starts easily but the blades either won't move or they barely move and if you push the throttle too much then it just dies. Check the manual related to your model for more specific repair instructions. Click below to browse the results, or click here to browse a category. This is how the blade can become cracked and the teeth bent. Broken wood can be sheared; larger branches can be pulled out manually. An electric hedge trimmer lets you sculpt and maintain your foliage without having to deal with troublesome gasoline fumes while the motor is engaged. To mend any household, kitchen, or other electrical appliance start here. I am running out of ideas why my trimmer don't cut. If the gearbox is broken and still will not function properly, it will need to be replaced. Hair between the Blades. I just purchased a new Husqvarna 122HD45 hedge trimmer. Turn on the blade and then flip it down. Depending on the information that you enter, you may be able to add your tax exemption certificate immediately and Hedge Trimmers how to fix my flymo hedge trimmer? Mend - wont, move, trimmer. Verification is completed within 3 business days. Email Save Comment 6. Mend - wont, move, trimmer: Continue to do this for at least five minutes before stopping. The cable or shaft connects the crankshaft from the engine at the back end of the unit to the trimmer head at the opposite side. how to I get my Wahl hair clipper blades to move? Step 2 - Examine the Blades. Don’t Overcharge. Should you need to upload, just click the “Import your copy of this document” link in the form. Echo hc 1500 hedge trimmers blades won't move. We will notify you via My manual doesn’t give any troubleshooting - Answered by a verified Technician . What is worse if certain parts of it are loose they can make grooming a painful experience for your dog. As blades dull with use and sap builds up on the bar, the friction load increases and the cutting ability decreases. Required Part. Do you have another blade to see if it's the blade not the motor? Bogs down. As you use the trimmer, pieces of debris such as sticks and twigs can prevent blade movement and even cause the blades to break. 44 questions containing the word/s 'hedge trimmer blades move' were found. Sticks, grass and other debris can become caught in the blades and stop them from moving. Something is faulty in the drive Mel Colan June 2011: There is more help available. Verification is completed within 3 business days. Check your user manual for the proper part number if your clutch is broken and needs replacing. How to Fix a Gas Weed Eater That Stopped Spinning. The most common issue with gearboxes is the failure of the teeth on the gearing. Location Calif. Mar 10, 2008 #11 If it freeze right in the middle of your trimming, I would first check the dirt between the blades. It looks like maybe they are not moving enough. The density of woody stems varies from species to species. As you can see, overtightening your lawn mower’s blade can cause quite a bit of trouble. If the clutch is broken or the springs are not tensioned properly, the clutch may not engage at all. Take blades off and clean. If it will no longer charge, it must be replaced with a new battery. June 19th, 2011. Craftsman Exclusives, Craftsman, Trimmers & Edgers. I have an echo hc 152 a bought two years ago. With Avalara CertCapture, you can add your tax exemption certificates to your Fix.com account to purchase tax-free! Use it to smooth any burrs that have developed on the underside of the blades during filing. I havent gone to town on it just yet but have done a few small things to try and get it to work. Comments (6) weed_cutter. This may take a while. To begin, you need to log into or create an account with Fix.com. Lock down have caused many of us changing way of life including the saloon visits. Hedge Trimmers blades won't move? We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. I have an echo hc 152 a bought two years ago. Remove the trimmer head assembly to access the gearbox. If the trimmer engine runs, but the trimmer head does not spin when the throttle is engaged, the clutch may be broken. Share it! Defective spark plugs are often a major reason why hedge trimmers won’t start. If your hedge trimmer blade is not cutting properly, check the gears, guard, and blades. Click to remove this tagging. Jammed blades on electric or gas trimmers usually result from tackling jobs too big for the machine. Please help! Hedge Trimmers Does the gear section need grease or lubricating? Close • Posted by 24 minutes ago. Let's begin adding your tax exemption certificate(s) to your FIX account. If any part of the blade portion of your clipper isn’t aligned quite right it can make grooming a giant pain. The lack of lube will cause damage to the gearing which will then need to be replaced. Stubborn ones can be clipped away using pruning shears. Then use a damp cloth to clean the blades, and apply a light coating of oil. The clutch is attached to the crankshaft. Replace the cutter assembly if the problem persists, as the blades are probably blunt. So use of Wahl clippers and trimmers have increased tremendously so as asking me resolutions on issues like Wahl clippers won’t turn ON/OFF, Pulling hair, Cutting skin, Loud noise, how to assemble Wahl clipper blades, Wahl trimmer flashing blue light, Wahl clipper tuning and so on. In many instances work should only be undertaken by a qualified If the blades of your trimmer become damaged, they may not be able to move freely through their intended path. Tags . Cameron. This is how the blade can become cracked and the teeth bent. Other users of howtomendit.com provide the answers. If your trimmer won't turn on, you may simply have a drained battery. If your trimmer won't turn on, you may simply have a drained battery. Grind the edges of the blades with a rotary tool that has a sharpening pad on its end. To accomplish this, the blades move back and forth in a reciprocating motion. We use cookies to give you the best possible experience on our website. Some parts you might need to replace are the gear case, clutch, blades, and gears. 2 Answers. The density of woody stems varies from species to species. I havent gone to town on it just yet but have done a few small things to try and get it to work. If the hedge trimmer will turn on, but the blade won’t move, then there is likely another culprit that will need to be addressed. Trimmer fix: the little spinning pin in my trimmer doesn’t move the blade side-to-side anymore - how can I fix it? Replace the blade set. Click here for Gardenline repair information. In other words you can’t just add lube to a gearbox that is not working and have it work again. Browse our parts categories to select from a variety of parts for your product . If you see an error, try reloading the page. Plug your trimmer in; the device should be fully charged in 10 hours according to the user manual. If too much oil is applied to the Cordless clipper sometimes they won't cut. Tried greasing it up and loosening the blade bolts and nothing seems to help. Hedge Trimmers Applying WD-40 to the blades to keep them newer for longer; To prevent getting your hedge trimmer jammed whilst you are using it, avoid twisting the machine if you become stuck in a bush. Grass trimmer worked fine but hedge trimmer won't take throttle. 01 - Clutch. Tags . My Freshly Sharpened Blades Don't Cut For Long: Blade Set Adjustment. If the blades on your hedge trimmer do not spin and turn, refer to our repair guide to help you identify your problem and the best way to fix it. One of the most common problems with an electric hedge trimmer is jammed blades. Before inspecting your blades for debris, be sure to unplug the spark plug boot so the unit will not start while you are handling the blades. Another common malfunction in hedge trimmers are when the blades don’t turn properly. Insert the battery completely into the charging station. I can get the blades to move at low RPMs, but the trimmer smokes alot at idle, and when i throttle it up, the trimmer dies, making me thing the problem is the carburetor. Cameron. Hedge Trimmers fuel mix for mcculloch? 0:00. The blades could possibly be bent. Follow our repair guide to help you identify what part is causing this common symptom. 12 years ago. This is the one that oscillates, sliding back and forth against the top blade causing the cutting action. Turn the trimmer off and look for debris between the cutters if the motor works but the hedge isn't getting trimmed. Place the Black & Decker hedge trimmer in a vise on a work surface with the blades facing up. This can happen over many years due to normal wear or can happen quickly if the trimmer is overloaded or abused.