The general direction and control of An Garda Síochána is the responsibility of the Garda Commissioner who is appointed by the Government. €184 may sound like a small sum but it’s important to note that accommodation and food is provided free of charge by the Garda College. A Message from Templemore College of Further Education. Please be aware that taking these tests within a secure IT network e.g. (c) hold a recognised qualification (at level 5 or greater), deemed comparable to the above in terms of both level and volume of learning as determined by Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). Candidates who qualify following Interview & other assessments, and whose place on the order of merit is reached, will go forward for consideration by An Garda Siochána. Throughout training in its entirety, a Garda Trainee will undergo a 104-week training programme. The incremental scale rises to €46,793.30 per annum after 8 years with two further increments after 13 and 19 years’ service which bring the maximum of the pay scale to €50,448.30 per annum after 19 years. A realistic job preview questionnaire is included in this booklet (see Appendix A) which you should consider before making an application. CONDITIONS OF SERVICE WITH THE COMPLIMENTS OF THE COMMISSIONER, AN GARDA SÍOCHÁNA. Candidates’ obligations: No blood tests will be taken on the day. Garda Síochána College (or Garda College) is the education and training college of the Garda Síochána (Irish police). 14. Such competency may be proven by achieving the relevant grades in an Irish Leaving Certificate or for English or Irish through such assessments as set out by the Public Appointments Service. The Code of Practice sets out the procedures to address candidates’ requests for review and candidates’ complaints in relation to an appointment process. Becoming a Garda is an exceptional career decision which is why only a select few will make it through the process. (iii) Have passed a Physical Competence Test Trainees who fail to reach the standard for progression having been afforded the opportunity to repeat once during any of the Modules/Phases, will be deemed unsuitable for a career in An Garda Síochána. In addition, where a person found guilty of an offence was or is a candidate at a recruitment process, then: The timeframe set out in the CPSA Code cannot be extended for any reason including the provision of feedback and/or the outcome of rechecks. At this point you should consider adding www.publicjobs.ie to your safe senders or contact list within your email account to avoid not receiving emails because a publicjobs email has been blocked. (a) by either side, in accordance with the Minimum Notice and Terms of Employment Act, 1973 to 1991, or The Data Protection Co-Ordinator The initial period of 34 weeks including two weeks annual leave takes place at The Garda College. A further link (to Part B – Aptitude Tests) will be sent by the 21st June 2017 to those candidates who completed Part A within the specified timeframe. For the duration of the programme and beyond, trainees enter a contract of employment with An Garda Síochána.  Professional Competence II Please note: the full list of requirements are published by the Public Appointment Service at the beginning of each recruitment campaign in a document called 'Notes for Applicants'. We have been successfully preparing candidates for Garda Recruitment campaigns for over 30 years. These candidates know the importance not only of preparation but of investing in the best preparation. Requests for Feedback/Test Rechecks Candidates must: (v) (a) Be a national of a European Union Member State, or The conditions of service of a Trainee are governed by the contract entered into between the Garda Commissioner and the Trainee. These candidates are now either serving members of An Garda Síochána or are students currently attending the Garda Training College in Templemore. Online Test Taking Environment E41FF98. Expenses incurred by an applicant participating in any of the selection procedures, or on first reporting for training, are not borne by public funds. Any person who contravenes the above provisions or who assists another person in contravening the above provisions is guilty of an offence. (b) hold a Level 5 Certificate (Major award) on the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), or  agree to undertake the duties attached to the post and accept the conditions under which the duties are, or may be required to be, performed, and It is a modern campus structure on eight acres within the town of Templemore, Co. Tipperary. Bachelor of Arts (in Police Management): for senior officers. through social media or any other means, may result in you being disqualified from the competition. Applicants should note that under Section 5 of the Code of Practice anyone engaging in Personation is liable on summary conviction to a fine and/or imprisonment. Hi Paul We got the word on the panel for the Fire Brigade. Fairness and Consistency Section 7 Detective Sergeant Training & Development Programme  are fully competent and available to undertake, and fully capable of undertaking, the duties attached to the position. Phase II is 34 weeks in total (17 weeks assisting and 17 weeks assisted) Leaving Certificate Applied QQI (Levels 3 & 4) Contact. This policy is in place to protect the privacy of staff and customers and the integrity of our assessment material and assessment processes. A complaint may be dismissed if they the complainant cannot support their allegations by setting out how the Public Appointments Service has fallen short of the principles of this Code. There is no obligation on the PAS to suspend an appointment process while it considers a request for a review.  interfere with or compromise the process in any way. If, on the expiration of the period of the assignment, the Trainee is not accepted as a member of An Garda Síochána, the assignment will terminate automatically. (ii) at any time, if, in her/his opinion, the Trainee is unsuitable for continued employment as a Trainee by reason of misconduct. Candidates should not attempt to take the test on a smart phone, mobile or tablet device. a network such as your work or college which may have firewalls or other security technology in place may cause you technical difficulties. Candidates will be required to take a number of tests which are designed to identify their potential to become a Garda Trainee. “Members of An Garda Síochána at the rank of Garda have an annual leave entitlement of 34 days (which includes public holidays and Good Friday) with a pro rata entitlement for periods of service less than one year. STAGE 1 The Data Protection Co-Ordinator, Applicants will be required to complete and return this form, which has been signed by their District Officer, to the Appointments Office in Garda Headquarters within a specified timeframe. Openness, Accountability and Transparency. The contents and scoring mechanism to be used at the assessments (written and oral) will be determined by the Public Appointments Service (PAS). 10. The assignment is whole time and the Trainee may not engage in, or be connected with, any outside business or activity which would interfere with the performance of the assignment. (c) Be a Refugee under the Refugee Act, 1996; or It is located at McCan Barracks, Templemore, North Tipperary in Ireland.The college has been located in Templemore since 1964.  Station Roles and Responsibilities I In recognition of this a separate stream is being held for serving Garda Reserve members who, by the closing date have: Academic and Professional Assessment There are no specific timeframes set for the provision of feedback or for carrying out rechecks. You are being paid to get a degree qualification in only 104 weeks. Part B – 21st – 27th June. To do this, a small number of equality monitoring questions is included at the application stage. I am 568 OOM. (iv) fulfil the Conditions for Entry as set out at paragraph 3 above. 9. It is a permanent position that offers a number of great benefits such as: But perhaps most importantly, it is a position that is respected by people up and down the country because as a Garda, you will be making a proactive contribution by building relationships and trust within the community. It is important therefore for you to note that the onus is on you to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements for the competition before undertaking assessments. Think of preparation as one of the best investments you could ever make. The entry requirements are mainly age, character, citizenship, education and health based, competitions for entry are advertised periodically, usually annually.  Weight within normal (non-obese) limits (ideal BMI is less than 25). I would have no hesitation in recommending Careers Services should I know anyone applying”, "I did a Garda stage 1, 2 and 3 preparation course last year with ye, I started my training last week in Templemore and can honestly say I wouldn't be there if not for the preparation courses, the best money I ever spent thanks again", "Just emailing in relation to the results I received yesterday from Stage 3 , I passed with an OOM of 150 , I had completed all 3 courses with ye this year and they were brilliant in guiding me through the process. The methods used to select the successful candidates for this role may include: Phase III: 11. 16.  Ensure that the eligibility requirements are appropriate to the duties and requirements of the post If you have not already done so, you must register as a ‘New User’ to create your Profile (register a New Account). To do so is an offence and may result in you being excluded from the "I am currently waiting for the next intake class after passing all stages with an OOM in the 50s. Stage 1: On-line Assessment Once you have submitted your application form you should return to your publicjobs account and confirm that it has been successfully submitted via ‘My Applications’. (iii) Eligible Serving Garda Reserve Members These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. When your application is received, the Public Appointments Service creates a record in your name, which contains much of the personal information you have supplied. 0504-31007. david.young@tcfe.ie. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. During Phase I of the training the Trainee Gardaí will reside at the Garda College, Templemore. The Ranks of An Garda Síochána are: → Garda → Sergeant→ Inspector → Superintendent→ Chief Superintendent → Assistant Commissioner → Deputy Commissioner→ Commissioner, Garda Trainee Jack McGovern speaks about his experience of the stages of recruitment and the Garda College in Templemore. A demonstration video and detailed information regarding the Physical Competence Test are available on the Garda website www.garda.ie. Unfortunately, it is not easy to become a member of An Garda Síochána. The following is a general overview based on the most recent 2019 campaign (download full document here).