Instructions Heat a stock pot to medium. What exit we’re going to stop and get gas at is usually dictated by if it has a Taco Bell. I notice the tortillas are nice and thin. Thank you for sharing such delicious recipes! I love taco’s and I think now I love this vegan version even more! If you’re making your own vegan taco meat, then you’re going to start off by making that recipe. Feel free to use one or two photos provided that a link back to our original post is included. Some bell pepper, individual spices so that you can adjust the … *hugs* – Ameera and… Read more », Sorry for my typo in my original post! Tag @lovingitvegan on Instagram and hashtag it #lovingitvegan. -Ameera and Robin , This was Amazing!! I am thinking that using fresh ingredients would be more aligned with a WFPB approach. The chipotle cashew sauce adds a little kick. Thanks for the recipe! Mix together the lime juice and zest with Greek yogurt and mayo or sour cream, hot sauce, garlic powder, and salt. *Storage:  Refrigerate, use within 5 days. So glad to hear that Amanda! Pinning is always welcome and much appreciated! We are so glad to hear that you are enjoying our recipes. My 2nd try at making a recipe from this website & another huge success, including with my husband who tends to think vegan food is bland. We hope you enjoy our new Whip It Up Wednesday quick and easy ideas! As most of our readers already know we love anything and everything Southwestern. Awesome!!! Oh my goodness, totally drooling over here on how you use this sauce! vegan sour cream 1 tbsp. Vegan Mexican Taco’s with a Spicy Chipotle Sauce I love Mexican food: tacos, burritos, nachos, guacamole, salsa etc. *In order for this recipe to be gluten-free, make sure you use gluten-free tortillas. Thank you so much for your kind words! ★☆ 1/2 cup rice or grain of choice, precooked/leftover. Stir and bring sauce to a boil over medium heat. Heat up your tortillas via your preferred method and then assemble them. While the tacos are cooking, … The lime chipotle cashew sauce adds a little kick. *The amount of tacos you’ll get from this recipe will depend if  you make both the vegan taco meat and the black bean mix or just one or the other. lime juice. We truly appreciate you and your support! So satisfying! Sun-dried tomatoes come either dried or packed in oil. We are super excited that you and your mom enjoyed this recipe. It is so gosh darned tasty. The WFPB lifestyle is amazing, and we love sharing our recipes with our WFPB community. We just know she is going to love it! We appreciate you sharing your awesome feedback with us and for taking the time to write. Combine the veggies and soyrizo. Do you make them yourself or are these store-bought? Your feedback is really appreciated! A success with all the family! We live in Ohio, and we love creating healthy Whole Food Plant Based recipes, photographing our delicious creations, and sharing our kitchen adventures with you. It means so much to us to hear how our recipes have helped you along the WFPB journey, and we are so glad to be on… Read more ». We fell in love with this dressing with the first bite! So what do you think of these vegan tacos? So easy and full of flavor. A few are on my weekly rotation! This dressing can be made in about 20 minutes, which really helps speed things up in the kitchen. My lovely sister-in-law, Katie, is also a Southwestern food lover. While the tofu is cooking, get the fajita vegetables ready.Slice bell peppers and onions into long, thin strips. Place the cashews in separate bowls and cover with boiling water, allow to set for 19 minutes. xo. You can heat them up in a frying pan, or in the microwave or in the oven. 10 Best Vegan Tacos Vegan Quinoa Walnut Taco. I really like the thinner ones, but hard to find. Zest the lime, then juice it. Quinoa is a perfect food that gives you enough protein and energy for a productive day. Woo hoo!!! Remove the soy curls from the bowl and place it into a colander, squeezing to ensure they are no longer soaked. Make the tofu marinade: in a large bowl, mix together soy sauce (or tamari for gluten … Updated Aug 16, 2019 / Published: Mar 9, 2019 / This post may contain affiliate links. . 2 teaspoons onion powder. Thank you so much. Ingredients: A blend of walnuts and chickpeas makes for the perfect meaty texture. We are so thrilled to hear that you enjoying our recipe and have some on your weekly rotation – Yay!! I use the ones packed in olive oil. Thanks for the great review. If you have leftover filling ingredients like vegan taco meat, pico de gallo, black beans or tahini sauce, these all keep very well in separate containers in the fridge. This is super flexible and versatile. I love making delicious vegan food and creating delicious vegan versions of all your old favorite dishes, so you can have your vegan cake and eat it too! We loved this recipe. Tofu Tacos with Vegan Peanut Sauce. I’m really curious to know why you use powdered garlic, onion etc. But remember leftovers (unassembled) keep well in containers in the fridge so you can always make these two or even three nights running. I think it’s the delicious combination of flavours and textures. Yaaaay!!! Hi there Roberta We would love to hear from you. Avocado doesn’t keep well, so only chop up as much as you’re likely to use in that same meal. Thanks! for a couple of decades. Preparing this recipe involves a few different elements but once they’re all made, assembling everything is super fun. *You can substitute the tahini sauce for vegan sour cream if you prefer. It’s so, so tasty and adds a richness to the tacos that’s incredible. I can’t say enough about this recipe!! Meant to start off with “Made…”.) I made bean & brown rice enchiladas tonight, topped with this creamy sauce & some pico de gallo. It shouldn’t make a difference though. They are expecting a new little person any day now so when we visit, we plan to make her some of her favorite WFPB Southwestern foods. Comment document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a3cd739503ca5bb1765c1460ab0bb0f1" );document.getElementById("ada7158167").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Hi I’m Alison Andrews! 1 cup vegetable broth. Hi there Janet The WFPB diet consists of eating vegetables, fruits, legumes, nuts, seeds and whole grains in a variety of forms including raw, cooked, dried, etc. Everyone loved it, vegans and non-vegans alike!!! 2 tsp. No way, we are taking taste buds to flavor town with this NEW Vegan Creamy Taco Dressing. The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Those are incredible results, and we are so happy for you! Comment Policy: Your feedback is really appreciated! Ingredients. Please do us a favor and rate the recipe as well as this really helps us! Rude or insulting comments will not be accepted. Lol. And it’s also really flexible so you don’t have to make everything if you don’t want to. Your email address will not be published. Please read my. Add about 1 tbsp of vegan queso to each taco. *I prefer iceberg lettuce for shredding as it has lots of crunch factor but romaine lettuce works well too. These versatile vegan tacos are packed with black beans, vegan taco meat, pico de gallo and avocado and topped with a tahini sauce. Mom considers herself the Taco Salad Queen. I’m not a vegan, but we try to eat more plant-based and it’s hard to find great recipes like this one. We are so thrilled that you enjoyed this dressing. Filed Under: Posts, Recipes, Salads, Sauces and Condiments, Whip It Up Wednesday Tagged With: Cashews, Distilled White Vinegar, Gluten Free, Limes, Maple Syrup, Oil Free, Plant Milk, Refined Sugar Free. Sooo soo good! Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures Copyright © 2020Disclaimer • Terms of Use • Work with Us • Privacy & Disclosure Policy, Greens of choice (we loved romaine in this bowl), Corn (roasted corn would be so amazing in this bowl). Thank you for supporting Monkey and Me Kitchen Adventures! This dressing also makes a great dipping sauce. He went back for 2nds of this recipe, which almost never happens with most of my vegan recipes. Hi Donna, ours were store-bought. Just wanted to say thanks again for your super website. Thanks for the wonderful review. And the tortillas, once heated, often don’t keep well either. The cashews do add a thick, velvety texture, which can be easily thinned out with a little more water, vinegar, or a combination of both to fit your desired taste and texture. to get our FREE Ultimate Whole Food Plant Based Food List! Push the veggies to one side of the pan and add the soyrizo. Thanks for sharing , Hi there Mia FABULOUS!!! salt pinch of cayenne Everything Else. I wanna put this stuff on everything now. If you boil the cashews (for 10 minutes) or soak your cashews overnight, then you can make it in a couple of minutes. This vegan taco recipe is good for feeding a hungry crowd! Since there are only two of us in our house, we were having tacos for lunch three days in a row. We used a homemade tofu and walnut vegan taco meat as well as black beans for the protein, some pico de gallo salsa, shredded lettuce, chopped avocado and a fabulous tahini sauce to drizzle over the top. The other day on Pinterest I came across a fish taco bowl and I immediately pinned it to my favorite board, “Veganize It!” where I stow away all the inspired recipes on the internet that are in desperate need of a vegan makeover. Add a side of beans to round out the meal. With the addition of being able to order something “fresco style”, you are staying in the Taco Bell worker’s wheelhouse which … Learn more →. The only thing I added was sriracha to the tahini sauce for more of a kick. As a substitute, use 1 tbsp tomato paste. The most helpful comments are the ones that give useful feedback for others who might make the recipe, tell about substitutions you made or adjustments you made and how it turned out, or assisting other commenters. Place in the oven (uncovered) and bake for 7-10 minutes – or until the the shells are slightly browned and the queso is bubbling. . 1/2 tsp. Creamy avocado sauce and crunchy cabbage provide just the right combination of flavors and textures. Thank you so much! Add salt and pepper to taste. -Ameera and Robin , We just tried this for the first time and WOW!!! Regardless, it is great. -Ameera and Robin , Allow us to introduce ourselves, we are Ameera and Robin, a daughter-mother blogging team. If it’s getting too dry in the pan then add in a little water. I’m not vegan but gluten sensitive, and I just needed a yummy sauce for my chicken tacos. Homemade Taco Sauce Vegan Family Recipes maple syrup, water, dried oregano, salt, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and 4 more Homemade Taco Sauce CDKitchen cornstarch, salt, chili powder, jalapeno, white vinegar, tomato paste and 3 more Thanks for the amazing work, bringing healthy recipes to your followers and for sharing with all of us lucky eaters! Vegan Taco Meat – For the vegan taco meat you will need tofu, walnuts, spices and tomato paste. I plan to thin the remainder out with a bit more water & use as salad dressing for the next few days. 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika. I was so impressed with this recipe. Layer with pico de Gallo, pickled veggies, crispy fish sticks, vegan tartar sauce and chopped parsley over the soft taco shells.